Bridge NETWORK problem !! sombody from paralleles help !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DJ-GROBE, Jul 31, 2007.

1. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

Hello, i have this trouble fro long, time i not rmember when this problem its introduced from paralleles, but is a BUG !! NEVER FIXED !! and introduced in one of the old betas...prio version 3

Due Paralleles not have MIDI, i use MOLCP III software for send MIDI from windows, runing on parallles to OSX and from OSX to that windows runing on parallels.

For long time this work perfect !!
    Here the URL of the product:
    http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm

The problem start with old version of parallees, this tool stop work due BRIDGE NETWORK not work correctly.

Its suposed when BRIDGE network, all data present on ETH0 of my mac should be present at same time on windows VIRTUAL NIC card, but this not happen !!

I can send DATA out of windows whitout trouble (can send midi OUT from widnows), but windows not recive any data from ETH0 of mac !! (windows no have any MIDI IN) all incoming traffic its blocked !!

Please peralleles guys !! check this and fix, i complain about this for long time with no solution.

I tested FUSION and on FUSION WORK PERFECT !!! like work long time ago on paralleles !!

PLEASE !! FIX !!!!!!!!!!!!! or tellme how fix !!
    I hoppe thsi time sombody form paralleels repply !! im very tired to complain about teh same !! over and over agin with no answer.....

IF CANT FIX !!! ADD MIDI IN OUT TO PARALLELES !!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU !!

IF SOMBDOY ASK.I NOT AHVE FIREWALL ACTIVE ON WINDOWS !!!!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

Nobody from parallels plain repply?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

thats rather annoying and not likely to get much appreciation here.. however.. can you give me a few details.. For instance.. you say Windows is not allowing any incoming connections. Do you mean that NO applications can open a port that can be connected to, or just this one app ? I mean, if you ran a webserver, or enabled Remote Desktop Service, you cant connect to this either ?

What build of parallels ?
    What IP address does your Windows interface receive ?
    What IP address does your Mac have ?
    Do you have internet connection sharing enabled in OS X ?
    Do you have the OS X firewall enabled ?
    Can you paste your PVS file and the output from ifconfig -a (on osx) here.

Also, have you tried uninstalling parallels completely, rebooting and reinstalling it?
    Have you done the same with parallels tools in your VM?
    Have you tried installing another Windows VM and checking if that worked ? (this could be a residual effect of using the 2.5 beta versions)

4. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

DJ

Keep your voice down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

The problem, is created by PARALELLES after version RC1 Release #3120

I already report this, 8 months ago, and this not fixed, check the link.

http://forum.parallels.com/thread9138.html

No any answer from support about this.

This not happen on paralles RC1 #3120 or older paralleles, and not happen in VMWARE FUSION, after that verison i indicate, paralelels team make some internal change to network and aplication never work again, bridge mode work wrong and block incoming data form mac to widnows.
    This aplication is the only way at this moment to send midi from windows to mac and mac to windows under paralelles and its broken.....

If somebody form paarelles read this, its possible this info be really util:

This aplication use uses non-routable low level Ethernet_II frame based protocol.

Anyone can download the aplication and test, aplication include MIDI monitor, and send button, so you can send from window,s and see midi arrival to osx, but can send from osx to widnows and can see never arrival.

TRIAL: http://www.musiclab.com/downloads/trial/
    Name: MIDIoverLAN CP 3.2

Please !!! PRALLELES, add fix for this, or just add MIDI IN OUT to your paralleles : )

Any help form anyone apreciated.

6. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

DJ-GROBE

I'll ask our QA team to look into this problem and we'll try to fix it if it gets reproduced.

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

neither of your posts, this one or your previous one, answered the questions i posed earlier. people cant help if you dont give us some information to work with. Importantly, does this problem affect all ports on your vm or not. I can connect to my VMs just fine from my mac in bridged mode, so i guess when you say it doesnt work for you, you just mean for this app.

8. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

This trouble start after that version i indicate.
    The only way to fix, is if PARALLEELS team reproduce the test, is the only way.

This working perfect and stop work after that version.
    I reinstalled previus version, and back to work, i installed lot of time the newer versions, and fail again, not is something i have bad configured.

darkone thsi sofwtare not use standar way to LAN, i repeat again:
    This aplication use uses non-routable low level Ethernet_II frame based protocol.

This protocol its usually not used by standar software, so you can use lot of network software and you see all working perfect, but NO any thing using non-routable low level Ethernet_II frame based protocol :)

Dont try reproduce this error, with standar network test, you need use this sofwtare for test, the result, its the same i have, bridge NON working correctly, and we cant do nothing, only paralelles team can fix due its internally thing they need fix.

I hoppe they fix this soon, and make public on the next beta....
    I hoppe no have waith for that months !! ; (

Sorry for my exitation........i have a big frustration , due cant use MIDI ude this BUG. ; (

9. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

Oh ! thanks to everybody for try fix !!

I hope this eb fixed, and really hoppe some day soon we can conect MIDI devices from windows runing on paralles to mac and from mac to win !! : )
    Its really usefull and open the doors, to make really cool things !!

10. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

DJ-GROBE,

Our QA team has confirmed the bug you are describing and filed it to the developers. The issue should be solved in the future updates.

11. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

wow !!

THIS IS REALLY WINDERFULL !!!

spectre , i EAT all days my fingers waiting now for new releases of paralleles !! :)

Well hoppe se new beta soon, with this fixed : )

No ETA for the next beta?

: )

Thank you SPECTRE

12. mcowger

mcowger Member

If this is what you really need working, why dont you stick with the working version?

I understand reporting it, but then downgrade back so you can do your work.

13. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

The verison where work corerctly, its to old and have USB toruble, i cant connect my touchscreen usb on taht version !!

Simple like that : )

14. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

Spectre new beta 5060 not include the fix?

Please can confirm?

15. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

5060 came out the day before Spectre acknowledged that QA had listed this as a bug, so I'd doubt it.

16. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Indeed, build 5060 doesn't contain the fix for it. But chances are high that it will make it into the next public build for the update.

17. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

Mr spectre its now this problem fixed?

18. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

Is thsi problem finally fixed?

19. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

I got it resolved by going to a command prompt in my Guest OS and doing an ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew

Works for me everytime I have this issue.

20. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

gegervision thankyou for try help, but we are talking of differnt issues.......
    Your fix not fix thsi internal BUG on paralles.

spectre can confirm please ! : )
    Is fixed now?