Parallels 10 and Quicken for Windows Problems...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoelCYYZ, Nov 8, 2014.

1. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

I am running OS X Yosemite plus Parallels 10 plus Windows 7 (32-bit).

I am having problems when running Quicken for Windows within the Parallels VM in that the check register is not stable and "skips" a lot [i.e. it is difficult to highlight a specific entry, it is difficult to copy/cut and paste items, etc.]. The other way to express this issue is that the check register page "jumps" or "skips" all over the place.

I would appreciate feedback as to how to solve this problem as i) I am an extremely heavy user of quicken and ii) I am finding it to be nearly unusable because of the jumping / skipping.

Thanks.

2. Doug Kolb

Doug Kolb Bit poster

I have a very similar problem and Parallels need to fix it. However, Quicken (and other apps) seem to function OK if you do not enter Coherence. FYI, I just started to notice this problem when I got my Retina 5K iMac...

Hope that helps.

3. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

I have this problem and I AM NOT using coherence mode...I am using Parallels in its own desktop...if this does not get fixed soon I am going to have to move to Fusions which does not suffer from this problem (at least as I have seen on my friend's MacBook).

Parallels, please respond to this...

4. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

Hey, does anyone from Parallels read these forums (in general) and this thread (specifically) as it sure would be nice to get a response?

5. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

I just want to note that I think it is horrible -- just horrible -- that in nearly one month's time no one from Parallels has responded to this boys...it sure makes me feel that as a customer I am not valued...perhaps it is time to consider Fusion which does not have this problem!