Windows display gets dim

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ekohn00, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ekohn00

ekohn00 Junior Member

Unless I am running an application or in the windows menu, my windows display goes dim...very dark. This happens in both windowed and full screen modes.
    It's very problematic with a full screen since it looks like the monitor is off. In windowed mode non of my mac applications ever go dim.

How do I turn this off? Or prevent it form happening?

thanks.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello!

Please provide me with additional information:
    1) You say "This happens in both windowed and full screen modes". But you say "In windowed mode non of my mac applications ever go dim" also. So where do you have problems - Windowed mode and Fullscreen Mode? And what about Coherence mode?
    2) Do you have any applications running inside Windows when the problem occurs? If "yes" - are there Dock icons of these applications?
    3) Please reproduce the problem and generate Problem Report (Help -- Report a problem...) then send it and post its ID here.

Sergey

3. ekohn00

ekohn00 Junior Member

Hi Sergey,

the problem ID is 53047533

There is no desktop in coherence, so no problem there. The desktop is mostly dimmed in Full screen, which makes doing anything very problematic.
    Please note, there is not problem if any application is running in windows. The problem only happens with no programs running or if all applications are minimized.

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

It seems that your virtual machine has gone to 'paused' state. You can turn off this feature by unchecking option in Virtual Machine configuration:
    Select 'Actions-Configure' in menu and then uncheck 'Options-Applications-Pause Windows...'

Sergey

5. ekohn00

ekohn00 Junior Member

Hi Sergey,

Unfortunately, if I am looking at the correct window, Pause Windows is not an option. I do not have "Share windows apps with Mac" checked. I did check this and unchecked Pause Windows, but that did not work.

6. CharlesWeir

CharlesWeir Bit poster

Pause has moved to the 'Optimisation' setting. But I got the dimming effect even though this option is unchecked.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support