Menus are grayed out after upgrade HELP

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Kort, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Kort

Kort Junior Member

Any help would be appreciated. Here is the situation. I have been using Parallels since day one and it just get better.

I use Mionet to remotely access PCs that I oversee. It also has worked great. Recently I upgraded my hard drive to 250GB. To do this I used Super Duper to clone my current drive to the new one. I installed the new one and most everything worked fine. The big exception was Mionet. The menus are not visible. All I see is a gray box. If I scroll my mouse across the box and pass over a button it will appear, but any fields or text are not visible. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and spoken to Mionet. So far nothing has fixed this issue.

I am now at a complete loss any all all ideas will be welcome. I'm not sure if this is related to Parallels or not, but the folks at Mionet have never seen this issue before.

Thanks

-Kort

2. brkirch

brkirch Pro

Do you have DirectX support enabled? Try disabling it. Builds 4124, 4128, and 4560 have some DirectDraw issues when DirectX support is enabled. It is very likely that build 5060 fixes this problem, but it is a beta release.

3. Kort

Kort Junior Member

Thanks for the idea. I gave it a try, disabling DirectX, but the issue still persists. Do you think using the beta may help or are there other things to try first?

Thanks

-Kort

4. Kort

Kort Junior Member

I just got it to work. I had the system set to allow max performance for the Mac side. When I switched it to allow Max performance to the Windows side it worked, and displayed the menus correctly. This might be an issue worth noting.

Thanks

-Kort