Safari Flickernig on Top Sites

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by brokenr1bgolfer, Apr 7, 2013.

1. brokenr1bgolfer

brokenr1bgolfer Bit poster

Hello,

Created an OS X 10.8.3 VM from the host recovery partition. All looks great except that I see flickering on Safari "Top Sites" and poor performance with flickering if I attempt to view online video via Safari/Adobe Flash. Yes I have installed and reinstalled Parallels Tools. I am running the newly released version of Parallels 8 for Mac on a new retina MBP. Parallels version 8.0.18483

Thanks

-Mark

2. brokenr1bgolfer

I suppose that I should ask "Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is"? :)

3. brokenr1bgolfer

I believe this is a Parallels problem. I installed Firefox and reinstalled Flash on the same OS X VM and similar problems are easily recreated. I then created a Windows 7 VM and had NO problems at all using flash inside the W7 VM. Perhaps Parallels just needs more time to mature their support for OS X guests? VMware Fusion has similar issues with an OS X guest as well. The race is on; who will win?

Still if this is user error on my part I gladly welcome the help.

4. MalB

MalB Junior Member

I get this problem too - very annoying. Also playing videos from youtube and the like have the same problem.
    Mal

5. Kent_Boortz

Kent_Boortz Junior Member

Just a "me too" for Parallels Desktop 10 running OS X 10.8.5 on top of OS X 10.8.5, Safari 6.0.5.

Someone uploaded a video of it,