MacBook Pro doesn't wake from sleep with "Power Nap" enabled

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by Neilism, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Neilism

Neilism Bit poster

Checked all my settings and have current versions. Mac will not wake from sleep from either my iPad Air or iPhone 5. Using Wi-Fi over an Apple airport.

When I click on my Mac in Parallels Access on my iPad … just get a spinning wheel and never connects.

Don't want to keep my MacBook Pro from sleeping like I had to do with old 2009 MacBook Pro.

Anyone else having this problem and figured it out??

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. Marguerite

Marguerite Bit poster

I have similar issue with my imac accessing from my iphone. I made sure both the "enable power nap" and "wake for network access" are enabled. I managed to wake it up once or twice in the last few days.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

4. SantiagoG

SantiagoG Bit poster

Same issue here...
    I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac.
    Both have issues when waking from sleep from my iPad. I checked the config more than twice...
    If this doesn't work seemlesly, I will not subscribe.

5. David_Williams1

David_Williams1 Bit poster

Your provided link is really helpful for me to access parallels.

6. MaximeB1

MaximeB1 Bit poster

I've followed the instructions and it doesn't work either on a 15" MacBook Pro retina 2013. What could cause this issue? The kb article is pretty thin, it justs says to enable PowerNap, is there any other thing to do in order to make it work ?
    Thanks

7. SergioA2

SergioA2 Bit poster

i Have a same problem. I can´t wake up my two iMac with Parallels Access into my lan and Internet.

Someone help us?

8. Please update your Parallels Access application to the latest build (which has been released few days ago) and check the issue. Let us know the results.

9. DeniseM2

DeniseM2 Bit poster

I cannot wake my mac using parallels access. I've checked all the settings specified and re-installed access on my mac and iPad???