OS X 10.10.2 beta and Parallels 10.1.1 graphic issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThomasTankmar, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

Just updated to OS X 10.10.2 (14C68m) and are experiencing some annoying issues with Win 8.1 instances in Parallels 10.1.1(28614).
    All things related to graphics seems to be very slow and coherence mode is sometimes not working at all. Initially all Windows screens were just displaying gray boxes, but got it working now by reinstalling Parallels Tools. Performance is still really bad though, so would not recommend it.

2. Tony Smith

Tony Smith Junior Member

I hav the similar issue with 10.10.2. If i click the windows start screen icon, it launches however just locks up. The rest of the Mac is responsive however i cannot select anything on the windows start screen and the page is unable to be closed. Generally pretty poor experiences since upgrading to 10.10.2

3. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

I had similar issues. I removed PD10 completely with CleanMyMac, reinstalled it and reinstalled Parallel Tools. This got the virtual instance to work, but still very slow in refreshing the screen. In general I have graphic issues in everything since updating to 10.10.2. Even here in Parallels Forum, i can see deleted text flashing on the screen. Seems to be a very buggy beta ;-)

4. jwynn9154

jwynn9154 Junior Member

Try using DirectX9 instead of DirectX10