OSX 10.10.2 Beta - Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Tony Smith, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Tony Smith

Tony Smith Junior Member

Hi looking to see if there is a fix for latest PD10 and OS X 10.10.2. Anything that involves launching the windows start screen causes the start screen to just lock up and i get the spinning wheel until i reboot the windows machine.

when the screen is locked up, if i select other windows applications from the Mac dock they work fine its just the start screen locking up.

Coherance performance in general is a little hit and miss. sometime when the windows machine launches i am stuck with the windows task bar on the bottom behind the Mac dock.

Any advise is appreciated.

2. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

I had similar issues. I removed PD10 completely with CleanMyMac, reinstalled it and reinstalled Parallel Tools. This got the virtual instance to work, but still very slow in refreshing the screen. In general I have graphic issues in everything since updating to 10.10.2. Even here in Parallels Forum, i can see deleted text flashing on the screen. Seems to be a very buggy beta ;-)

3. ChristopherT

ChristopherT Bit poster

I am having the same issue with the Start Menu freezing up (spinning beach ball.) Support was of no help, and I am worried that they won't be looking into this, should it become an issue in the final version. My workaround is to go full-screen and switch between desktops, but I am partially crippled, as Coherence is the way I normally work with Parallels.

4. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

I found that if I restart my virtual machine and it is set to go directly to coherence, all screen opens a black gray boxes. If I suspend the virtual machine and start it back up, it is working normally again. I however had so many issues with other parts of 10.10.2 that I had to revert to 10.10.1. Several program like Preview was displaying as 100% transparent windows, so completely unusable. Seems that the issue is with the 10.10.2 graphic drivers, and not PD 10.

5. ChristopherT

ChristopherT Bit poster

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to revert to 10.10.1.

Eagerly awaiting Apple's next seed, which will probably cause even more issues :)

6. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

Ha.. Ha... no they seem to have left out the undo button on that one ;-) Apart from an issue I had that my recovery partition was in the wrong version so my initial online restore was to a 10.9.x, everything was smooth ones I got the recovery partition upgraded to 10.10.1 and performed a fresh install. The system appears to be running 20-30% quicker, even with the same software installed, than when i had a 10.10.1 that was an upgrade from a 10.9, so can highly recommend that approach :)

7. ChristopherT

ChristopherT Bit poster

The latest 10.10.2 build seems to have fixed the issues.