New Problem?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Michael Davies, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Michael Davies

Michael Davies Bit poster

A week or so ago I upgraded to Mac 10.10.1
    Yesterday I inadvertently deleted boot camp.
    Now running boot camp 3 and this morning seem to have been updated to parallels v 10.1.2
    Using mainly Office 2010 programs.
    I have had to re-initiate Windows 7 and Office 2010.
    Windows runs very slowly - minutes between changing windows
    Help

2. Nikhil@Parallels

Nikhil@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Michael,

Please follow the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/en/122767 to fix the performance issue.
    Feel free to reach us any time for further assistance.

3. Michael Davies

Michael Davies Bit poster

Hi
    Thanks for your help which I think that I followed but was prevented from completing because when asked for my Mac password, I have not got one
    Now I think that I have done it!
    Is this a one=off fix or do I have to repeat it for each log-on?
    Thanks Michael

4. Carlos Pounds

Carlos Pounds Bit poster

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the right form but, I have a very unique situation with Parallels 10. I use my windows 7 VM for MediaCenter. I use the MediaCenter to watch TV on my Mac using a Ceton cable card. Every since I upgraded to Parallels 10 I loose connection to my tuner about every 15 minuets. I have disabled all powermanagement that I can find and used boot flags *Devices.Net.Track_Link_Status=0* but to no avail it loosed the tuner again. If I change the channel in the program, the connection is established. If anyone uses anything like this setup please help me resolve this issue.