yosemite and parallels 10 slow

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Israfil Avci, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Israfil Avci

Israfil Avci Bit poster

I Have to upgrade my mac for Xcode version to yosemite.
    after upgrade my windows 7 guest start to run very slowly. i saw there is memory for guest ( i have 12 GB ram, and my windows7 configured to use 4GB) but parallels 10 use only 200 MB and don't work(slow slow slow every screen opens in 8 to 10 seconds)
    i stopped my windows 7 and i have build windows 8.1. and i my college installs office applications. when i look at the memory windows8 use 3.1 GB altoug configured to use 4GB. and it runs well against to windows 7. But after restart i have the same problem.
    my mac have ram and windows 8.1 parallels vm does not use free memory and runs very slowly.
    need urgent help. can i configure virtual machine use all memory as configured ?

2. Israfil Avci

Israfil Avci Bit poster

and file cache in mac eat my memory . after start parallles 3-4 GB goes to file cache. i think parallels disk should not be cached.
    my opinion yosemite and parallels integration have not completed or not tuned well

3. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

4. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

I have the same problem. I followed the suggested item at http://kb.parallels.com/122767 and it appears to have solved the problem. However, this is not a very satisfactory solution. Why does Parallels support not provide more information? What compromises have been in altering the system via this terminal code line? Why does your company not fix the problem in a new release. FAR TOO MANY UNKNOWNS HERE. Very disappointed in this lame response from Parallels support.

5. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

Thought I should write a follow-up to the above comments. After a day of use, I am pretty confident that the line inserted under the Terminal App on my Mac OS has resolved the problem. My apologies for the harsh criticism above. :(
    Having written that . . . . I still think Parallels users deserve a more complete explanation of the problem and some assurance that the OS X change made via the Terminal App will not have negative, strange, unexplained ramifications somewhere else in the Mac system at some point in the future. Hoping for a reply . . . . . . . . . . .