"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Massimo,
    Please check your private message.

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Hi Lajos,
    We will reply to your support ticket shortly.

3. Erik Kempen

Erik Kempen Bit poster

Purchased upgrade to Parallels 10 in september and using it succesfully since then, until I had my MacBook in for service - they replaced the motherboard - and although the SSD still contains all data, Parallels Desktop no longer accepts the activation key. Can you help me please?

4. Frank Probul

Frank Probul Bit poster

I wanted to move from an older computer to a new one, but I also get the error message "the activation limit has reached".
    I already deleted the Parallels 9 software on the old computer, but I still does not work.

5. Warren Tan

Warren Tan Bit poster

Hi Parallels I recently just experienced a hdd crash so i am unable to reuse my old parallels 10 upgrade key. however when i install parallels 8 it is automatically registered and activated. Please help with reset asap? :) Thanks :)

6. Warren Tan

Warren Tan Bit poster

Please help :( I just recently change the hdd of my iMac and the old parallels 10 in my old hdd is already formatted. Please help ... need to use it badly for gaming on my iMac. upgrade key registered on Registered: 2014-10-17

7. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Warren,

You reached us through Support Chat and we assisted you with your issue.

8. George Fidias

George Fidias Bit poster

Hi,
    Same problem here: I uninstalled Parallels 10 from my old macbook pro and after installing it on my new one, I got the message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license."
    What can be done?
    Thanks!

9. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi George,

We need information about your license key, so we can check it for you. I have sent you a private message, please check it and reply to the private message.

10. lotw

lotw Product Expert

Parallels support team,
    Why not fix this issue with a simple log in on your site, simple couple questions and wipe all registered computers. Sort of like what Apple can do, but not too many times in a year. Other software that requires an internet connection to register and make work do the same thing on their sites.

11. Nency_Willims

Nency_Willims Bit poster

You can easily resolve this issue by yourself by deactivating your license from your current computer. After deactivating your license, you can activate it again on another computer.
    To deactivate your product key, please open the application in question and navigate to the file menu.
    After that, click on "Help" -> "Deactivate License Key" to deactivate your product key from your current computer.
    You can now activate your product key on another computer.
    If you are unable to deactivate your product key by yourself, zebNet has to reset the activation limit of your product key.
    Please note in such a case, resetting the activation limit of your product key can only be done once for free and only if there is no license abuse detected.
    Therefore, we strongly advise you to deactivate your product key by yourself if necessary.
    To request an activation limit reset of your product key, you have to create a new ticket with subject "Activation Limit Reset". In this ticket, please explain to us in detail why your product key has reached its activation limit.

12. Erik Kempen

Erik Kempen Bit poster

Still no answer or reply from Parallels Support...
    Just opened another case: Parallels #2047858.
    Urgent reply requested.

13. HakJoo Kim

HakJoo Kim Bit poster

I got a change of the motherboard of my iMac due to some hardware problem. Since then I am having the same problem :
    "Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."
    I am looking forward to being replied on the solution of that issue.
    Thanks in advance.

14. Ledao

Ledao Bit poster

Hi Khurram,

15. Maheesh@Parallels

Hi Erik,
    We checked your support ticket in our database and found that your issue has been resolved.
    Feel free to reach us if you have any questions, we will be happy to assist you.

16. Maheesh@Parallels

Hi HakJoo,

17. robbiebr

robbiebr Bit poster

Hello - This is my first time having to use the forums but it seems the same thing is happening to me when I am out of the country and using my older computer that I try and only use when traveling internationally. I have been using and promoting Parallels from version 6 on. Never missing an update and always promoting the product to every company I work with. What is changing.

18. SZJ

SZJ Bit poster

Just same issue as others...Please help!
    I got a new mac. Following http://kb.parallels.com/en/114624, I uninstalled the PD8 on the old mac successfully. But PD8 is still unable to be activated on the new one.

Jon

19. vtminhtam01

vtminhtam01 Bit poster

Hello,
    I've the same problem : i have reach my activation limitation when i want to reinstall on my repaired macbook pro. I've desinstalled it from another machine.
    Please, it's important for me to install quickly parallels 9.

20. robbiebr

robbiebr Bit poster

OK Guys. I have been with Parallels sense version 6 and bought every upgrade 1-2 days after offered. Now this happens with no response. I am 24 hours away from switching to the competitor and becoming their evangelist. As I had previously done for Parallels with every business person that bought a Mac for personal use or for business use. I stay loyal but when something pushes me to move I rarely ever look back.