Want to uninstall some of Windows...help with?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RhondaS1, Feb 6, 2015.

1. RhondaS1

RhondaS1 Bit poster

All I really want and need from Windows on my Mac is my photos....What do I need to keep from Windows 7 to run the photo gallery...I don't need anything else...documents, internet, music, etc....Can you direct my question? Thank you so much....

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello RhondaS1,
    In order to copy only photos from your Windows 7 Virtual Machine to Mac, mount your Windows 7 Virtual Machine.
    Go to Finder > Documents > Parallels > Windows 7.pvm file or Go to Users > Shared > Parallels > Windows 7.pvm file and then right-click on the Windows 7.pvm file > Select open with > Parallels Mounter
    The icon for the selected hard disk appears in the sidebar of the Finder window, together with other Mac OS X icons. Select [D]Windows 7 disk and find the location in which you have saved the photos. Copy it to your Mac, if you need those to be opened on Mac side. If you don't want to use your Windows after copying the photos, you can remove your Virtual Machine by Moving the Windows 7.pvm file to Trash.
    For more information about Mounting the virtual hard disk of Virtual Machine, please refer page 114 and 115 in this Parallels Desktop 10 user guide: http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v10/docs/en_US/Parallels Desktop User's Guide.pdf
    Please let us know if you have any questions.