Click-and-hold not translating properly to Windows 7 VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KavehV, Aug 27, 2014.

1. KavehV

KavehV Member

If I run a program like Eclipse in my Windows 7 VM, everytime I:
    • click the "Help" menu in eclipse
    • hold the click
    • drag the cursor down to attempt to select something by letting go of the click

Parallel's seems to wrongly let go of the click for me. It's getting really frustrating. This problem is new as of version 10.

2. KavehV

KavehV Member

I just upgraded to 10.1 and it still has this issue. Seriously? This issue hasn't been addressed in 10.1 either? I was told it would be addressed in the next update.

3. MC5

MC5 Bit poster

I have the same issue on PD10.1 / WIN7 / Yosemite when trying to select a text. The mouse starts to do random focus jumps, selecting text I didn't want to select. At the moment I always have to single-click into the start position, move the mouse to the end position, shift-click into that position in order to precisely select the text I wanted.

This is annoying, Parallels please fix this.

Marcel

4. KavehV

KavehV Member

Another 2 months for another release AND IT'S STILL NOT FIXED. What is going on here? PD9 did not have this bug.

5. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

Use the report a problem function under help in parallels. I also see this issue and have multiple requests pending a fix. It gets worse when you have dual screens. Clicking on the first screen switches to OSX first then focuses the VM. Click on the other screen does the same. So when doing things like dragging a window to another screen PD loses focus of it and drops the click.

6. KavehV

KavehV Member

I've already reported the problem months ago. I was even told by parallels support that it was reproduced, again months ago.

7. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

They will eventually fix it. This issue had popped in PD9 and got fixed. It seems to have been good on the initial release of PD10 but then an update broke it. If it was fixable then, I don't see why it won't be fixable now. But it is VERY irritating, I agree. At one point I started using Windows and VMWare Workstation to avoid the issue but now back on PD10 and I guess dealing with it.

Update the thread if they get back to you about potential fixes.

8. KavehV

KavehV Member

Another update and still nothing...

9. PaulT1

PaulT1 Junior Member

10. judd

judd Bit poster

Having the same problem with version 10. Not happy I upgraded. Unchecking "Use OS X Full Screen" or not using full screen helps, but please fix this ASAP.

11. PaulT1

PaulT1 Junior Member

Issue is still present in version 10.2.0 (28956).

12. RobertW3

RobertW3 Bit poster

How is this still an issue? Tested on 10.2.1 (29006) and still present using a Windows 8.1 VM on Yosemite.

13. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

It gets worse if you have 2 monitors. Dragging between both monitors is almost impossible