Fix connection between bootcamp and parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by David4, Feb 26, 2015.

1. David4

David4 Bit poster

I've been using parallels for a while but haven't had to get assistance with the program until now, so this is my first post in this forum.
    I had to fix the bootcamp partition of my wife's mac by "upgrading" her Windows 7 operating system. Bootcamp now seems to be functioning properly. However (and I kinda suspected this would be the case), I'm having issues now when I try to open up the bootcamp VM in OS X (10.10) using parallels. I was wondering what would be the best route to repair the connection between the partitioned bootcamp and parallels. Should I just 'remove' (drop-down list when I right click on the VM in desktop control) the currently existing vm and walk through the install wizard again? Any advice in a timely fashion would be greatly appreciated. This is her work computer and she's at a bit of a stand-still until we get this figured out.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi David4, Please follow the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/112941 to set up a Boot camp Virtual Machine on Parallels Desktop for Mac. If you want to delete Boot camp Virtual Machine, please follow the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/5029, Could you please provide us more information on the issue you are facing with Parallels Desktop on your Mac, and it would be great if you can provide us screenshots or steps to reproduce the issue.

3. David4

David4 Bit poster

I think I resolved the issue, although I had to reenter activation codes for Windows 7. I came across this article and figured I would just follow the steps mentioned at the bottom of 2.2. Seemed to do the trick, as I figured it would. I was just very concerned about messing something up and losing data somehow in the process. FWIW, this all started with some update causing freezing/lags during Windows shut down. What's interesting is that we have two computers with essentially the same software setup. Mine, which is a year or two older, has not had any issues with any Windows updates. Hopefully everything I did with hers over the past couple days fixes the problems. Thanks for the response and I'll be posting if I have any other issues.

4. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Sure David, reach us anytime, we are happy to help you.