PS3 controllers in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BobB1, Mar 1, 2015.

1. BobB1

BobB1 Bit poster

Hello, I've been wanting to get my PS3 controller to work in Parallels since yesterday but I haven't had any success with it yet. I tried installed "Better DS3" (an alternative to MotionInJoy which, as you can see by the name, is better) but when I connect the controller by directly connecting to the VM, it doesn't show up in the list for devices on the left-hand area. There's a "control panel" in the software that lists the connected devices, and the controller is there, but when I test the buttons, nothing works. I tried installing the original MotionInJoy and it keeps saying "waiting for device to be connected" in the drop-down menu to select the controller even though it's clearly connected. I finally decided to attempt to use Bluetooth, so I downloaded the Boot Camp drivers and installed the Bluetooth driver. That didn't work. It keeps saying that the controller is connected in the device manager but the PS3 controller itself disconnects after a while, and it still doesn't show up in BetterDS3/MotionInJoy. The controller itself works fine; I've used it in Boot Camp and it works on Mac with Dolphin (Gamecube emulator). Any ideas? Thanks.

2. BobB1

BobB1 Bit poster

Bump (I really need this fixed)

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Bob,
    Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at : http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and post the Problem Report ID number and we will check it for you.
    Also, along with the Problem Report ID please mention the configuration settings of your Mac computer and the Windows Virtual Machine,
    NOTE: It is very important to generate a Problem Report ID as soon as the issue appears. Please keep the Virtual Machine window open and in focus (to focus it, click inside or on the window) when submitting the Problem Report.

4. BobB1

BobB1 Bit poster

Thanks, but I'll wait a bit to see if there's another person who can suggest a solution first.

5. CatalinP

CatalinP Bit poster

Bob,
    Did you find a solution by any chance? I am having the exact same issue as described in your initial post.
    THANKS.

6. VincilS

VincilS Bit poster

Hey guys! I have my PS3 controller showing up in Windows 10 VM under devices; however, I cannot seem to get any third party app to work with it for some reason. All I did was connect it to the Windows 10 VM and it installed the drivers automagically. I will continue to monitor this forum for updates.

7. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi, please provide us more information on this. What exactly happens while connecting the device?

8. VincilS

VincilS Bit poster

When I connect the PS3 controller to my Windows 10 VM, it automatically shows in connected devices. I really do not do anything other than that.