Reinstall Parallels 8 for MAC!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DabinY, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DabinY

DabinY Bit poster

Hi there,
    I got a error message saying" You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." I bought Parallels for Mac at the end of 2013 and only used it on my macbook pro. My Mac crashed last week so I reinstalled my system and when doing Parallels, I got this message. Does it mean I have to purchase it once again???? Looking forward to a reply, Thanks!
    Andy

2. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DabinY,

Please check the message sent to your inbox.

Thanks,
    Manoj.

3. GRPyles

GRPyles Bit poster

Hello, I am having the same problem as well. When I originally bought Parallels 8 I had it on installed on my MacBook, but since that time I have bought a iMac and did the Migration Assistant to transfer over. A little further on I purchased the Parallels 9 upgrade and installed over both Parallels 8 installs on both the MacBook and iMac. But as I continued using both computers I ran into problems as programs thinking my new iMac was still my MacBook, so I decided a format on both was in order to "Separate" and make each computer unique to avoid any (future) conflicts with other programs overall. But now in trying to reinstall Parallels 9 it is giving the "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key". If I need to just choose 1 computer that is fine but I need to be able to get to that point. What do I need to do that will be helpful as everything I have found is designed to give the run around.

4. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello GRPyles,

Please check your private message.

5. PalladianP

PalladianP Bit poster

I am having a similar problem. If I could find a way to deactivate it on the Mac we are about to retire that would be great.

6. glitchyt

glitchyt Bit poster

I'm also having an issue installing Parallels 9 on my new iMac. I don't have access to the computer I previously owned, is there a way to deactivate computers online?

7. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi PalladianP and glitchyt,

Please check your Private messages.

8. danielbahldk

danielbahldk Bit poster

Hi, I'm in the same boat - I've reinstalled my MacBook Pro and now I can't activate my Parallels license-key on the SAME computer. I can't find any way to deactivate computers / licenses on your website. Can you please help me!

9. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Daniel,

10. VanerL

VanerL Bit poster

Hello, I am having the same problem. Can you please help me, Parallels support?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  11. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi VanerL,

12. deArchitettura.com

deArchitettura.com Bit poster

Same issue. How can I solve this problem?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  13. Abdul@Parallels

Hi deArchitettura.com,

Please private message us your Activation key, so we can check it for you.

14. Ricky

Ricky Bit poster

Same here. I'm using Parallels desktop 9. Can someone in Parallels Support please help?

15. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Ricky,

I have responded to the private message which you sent me, please check it.

16. Eric_Cosner

Eric_Cosner Bit poster

I've been reloading my computer trying to track down a problem with my computer. Upon reinstall I can't activate Parallels 9. Thanks.

17. Aanan Kashyap

Aanan Kashyap Bit poster

I am about to get a new MacBook, and was wondering if I could use my current product key again on the new Mac. If I am able to, how can I do this? I am asking because I have many friends who have had multiple Macs in the past, and have had to buy parallels multiple times. Thanks in advance!

18. JamieP1

JamieP1 Bit poster

Same here. I've gone through a few replacement Mac's over the last month or so (long story) and after restoring from a Timemachine backup Parallels 10 isn't accepting my serial anymore. Can anyone help?

19. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Aanan,

You can install in your new Mac, but please make sure you have uninstall Parallels Desktop completely from your old Mac before installing in the new one.

20. Abdul@Parallels

Hi JamieP1,