Virtual machine configuration problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RonaldW, Oct 13, 2010.

1. RonaldW

RonaldW Bit poster

I have searched for help on this, but no topics match my problem exactly. I have Parallels 6 for Mac. I am not doing anything unusual, and my equipment is not unusual (27" iMac i7 Snow Leopard; Sony VAIO i5 Windows 7 - both with latest updates). I used the PC Transporter to "put" my PC on the Mac. I then began the virtual machine configuration process (I have not used nor do I plan to use boot camp - so boot camp is not in this scenario). The process encounters a problem in step 1 of 4... "You need to log in to Windows to complete configuring your virtual machine." I click OK. Then I see that Windows is stuck in a repair mode "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically" "Are you sure you want to exit Startup Repair and restart your computer." After seeing different repair options, all I can ever do is either restart or shut down the virtual machine. Then when I try to begin the configuration process, it just repeats. I NEED HELP.

This should not happen with a release version.

2. RonaldW

RonaldW Bit poster

Anyone??

Anyone??????

3. DrB

DrB Junior Member

I for one am having the same issue. I had the Apple Store help me, and they came up empty handed. Is it a corruption of the C drive that's causing the conflict?

4. SathyaS

SathyaS Bit poster

I am having the same issue as described here. Only that I am migrating a Windows 7 OS. I never had this issue before in parallels 9. After upgrading to parallels 10, migration does not work. Wonder if parallels team actually scan thru these threads and provide a fix?!!

5. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

6. SathyaS

SathyaS Bit poster

Hi Abdul, thanks for the support. Here are the observations on following KB118981...
    * Step 9: all values for 'Start' under ControlSet001 were already (0)
    * Step 10: all values for 'Start' under ControlSet002 were (3) and were reset to (0)
    * After Step 12, this time the Parallels did not show me the "Upgrading the VM" screen anymore and went straight into boot console.
    * It attempted to start up windows and this time I get a BSOD but could not get a screen capture since the screen went blank after a few seconds with BSOD.

I have reported a new issue for this. Here is the report Id: 58871180

Thanks again for your support. Can I get some help in resolving this error.

7. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi SathyaS, I have sent you a private message, please check it and reply to the private message.