Parallels 10: Win 8.1 Settings don't stick

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by O-Robhartach, Mar 6, 2015.

1. O-Robhartach

O-Robhartach Junior Member

I am running Parallels 10, with the latest updates on a Macbook Pro running the latest update of Yosemite. I am running a Windows 8.1 VM. I've noticed that ever since install, the Windows 8.1 VM does not retain all of my settings. For example, if I have a dual screen setup, and my second monitor is always the same. However, the resolution always reverts to 1024x768, regardless of what I set when I am in Win 8.1 (preferred setting is 1920x1080).

I've noticed other settings tend to revert back to defaults as well.

Is there a way to get my Parallels Win 8.1 VM to retain its settings?

Mike

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi Mike,
    Please go to Virtual Machine configuration (http://kb.parallels.com/117287) > Select Hardware tab > Video > Change the resolution to "Scaled" from Best for Retina or if there is only an option "Enable Retina resolution" uncheck the option and set desired resolution on Windows and check how it goes.
    Let us know if you have any questions.

3. CRAIG TAYLER

CRAIG TAYLER Junior Member

Hi Mervin,
    I have owned Parallels 10 since it came out. Two things never fixed were resolution on Retina computers and the double icon in the tray. All of the "fixes" you refer to in http://kb.parallels.com/117287 do not fix these issues. My workflow should not include resetting my resolution constantly because your people broke it. Parallels 9 worked fine but I fell for the parallels advertising that life would not go on if I did not dump another $80.00 on 10. I have not been able to fix this resolution mess and barely use Parallels now. With the "revolutionary" Parallels 11 just around the corner I assume nothing will be fixed at this point.