user password required for login

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Andrea_Swan, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Andrea_Swan

Andrea_Swan Bit poster

My Mac is running OS X 10.7.5 and as of last night when I use my parallels8 to open Windows7 it shows up for me to login with a password under my username- I never set this up- its never needed a password before it just opened my windows desktop when i clicked it to open. It doesn't work to leave it blank and I even reset my microsoft account password and that doesn't work either. Any way to get in??

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

3. SarahjoyM

SarahjoyM Bit poster

when i went through these steps it doesnt work because part way through it says Command completed with one or more errors.
    i know my password but windows wont accept it. so i tried re-setting with these instructions but i am still locked out.

4. SignfitS

SignfitS Bit poster

Hi
    I am having the same issue (see below, I have removed the UUID in this instance, replaced with xxxx)

Last login: Sun Jan 25 12:20:36 on console
    Signfits-iMac:~ admin$ prlctl list --all
    UUID STATUS IP_ADDR NAME
    {xxxx} running - Windows 7
    Signfits-iMac:~ admin$ prlctl exec xxxx net user
    User accounts for \\
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    admin Administrator Guest

The command completed with one or more errors.
    Signfits-iMac:~ admin$

and this has been happening for the past month. I did not set an original password, but got this message about 2 months ago, and although problem-solver 114193 worked then, it won't now. I cannot get support through the normal channels, as the website won't accept my support code (although I only purchased Parallels 8 in 2013, and I allegedly there should be two years support?!)
    Parallels (or anyone!), please help resolve this! I have been struggling with this now for ages!
    Thanks
    Padmini

5. SignfitS

SignfitS Bit poster

Hi Parallels Team

Please can you get back to me on my issue above? I received an email about 'getting started with parallels', not overly helpful, as I have already installed Parallels, which has been working brilliantly until now! Does the fact that I've received the email mean I have to re-install Parallels? I'm not sure, please explain. Please, please help. I have tax returns to file, and am unable to without getting in to Windows.

6. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi Signfits,
    Please provide us a screenshot of the error message, we will check it and assist you further.