Problem connecting to server "localhost"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TimC1, Jan 30, 2015.

1. TimC1

TimC1 Bit poster

Hi.
    Since downloading and installing the latest OS Yosemite update, 10.10.2, when I start Windows 7 virtual machine, i get a pop up error "There was a problem connecting to the server "localhost".. I click ok and the error re-pops up about 10 times before finally it goes away..

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and have come up with a remedy? It's rather annoying..

Appreciatively,
    Tim.

2. TimC1

TimC1 Bit poster

I figured out the source of the problem but no resolution for a fix.
    The source of the problem is a shortcut link (or alias) I created in OS to access a folder in the bootcamp partition. For some reason or another, the link lost the path of the folder it is linking to upon rebooting OS (This is since the Yosemite update).. So I deleted the alias and the error message went away.. I recreated the alias and all was good until again, I rebooted and the error started again and the link path was lost.. SO i just deleted it completely but it was pretty convenient to have it there so that I could access a particular folder I use quite frequently through OS..
    If anyone thinks of a way around this issue, please advise.

Thank you.
    TIm.

3. Tae-SungK

Tae-SungK Bit poster

Hi,

I have same problem after installing Yosemite update 10.10.2.
    The problem happens in Windows 7 guest; the problem does not occur in Ubuntu guest machine.
    I have to turn off share folder to stop seeing annoying message; "There was a problem connecting ...", but it's is not a good solution.
    I hope Parallels fix this soon.

Thank you,
    TS.

4. MatthewB1

MatthewB1 Bit poster

Same problem here. This happened the before the update to Parallels 10, but P10 fixed it and then I just updated to Yosemite 10.10.2 and it is happening again, maybe update to Parallels when release will fix it. I can't even use the windows programs I need.

5. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

6. Josh1234

Josh1234 Bit poster

Abdul,

I tried the steps listed in the KB article you linked, and that did not resolve the problem. Do you think it could be a bigger issue with the latest Yosemite update? If so, has the error been escalated for review so that it can be included in the next Parallels update?

Thanks,
    Josh

7. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

8. KhaledH

KhaledH Bit poster

9. jonasg1

jonasg1 Bit poster

Problem connecting to server "localhost" is very frustrating. I wasted my 5 days for this isssue. Tried every solution i found
    But still facing the same issue. Please help me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020
  10. Hello, please provide us with the detailed issue description, screenshots will be very helpful.
    Thanks in advance.