Parallels Desktop 6 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by A.J, Jan 18, 2015.

1. A.J

A.J Bit poster

Hello Gentlemen:
    Recently, I did a fresh install of the Mavericks OSX in my MacBook-Pro; Can I upgrade my actual license of PD V6 to the new PD V10?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Regards
    Javier Leal

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Javier,
    It is not possible to directly upgrade from Parallels Desktop 6 to Parallels Desktop 10.
    In order to purchase an upgrade version of Parallels Desktop 10, you need to have a license key for Parallels Desktop 8 or Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
    Since you are using Parallels Desktop 6, you need to purchase a full version of Parallels Desktop 10 from our website : http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/
    Your Virtual Machine will not get affected and after installing Parallels Desktop 10, you will still be able to access the same Virtual Machine.

3. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

Could you give more details about this? I'm using Parallels 7. If I download the trial P-10 to test it, will it mess up my P-7 installation? What about Parallel Tools, how will it be affected? Will I be able to go back to P7 after the trial period ends? Please explain what happens to my current VM if I install a full version of P-10.

4. Akshatha M

Akshatha M Junior Member

You can do a fresh install of 10.7 method. If your machine can only go to 10.6.

5. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

I could but then I'd have to reinstall Windows and all the settings etc. I ended up just backing up everything with CCC and then upgrading with the trial to see how it works. I'll keep it a few days and if I don't like it I'll just restart with CCC and copy it all back like it was before.