Windows startup pausing since Version 10.1.4 (28883) installed.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidG2, Mar 6, 2015.

1. DavidG2

DavidG2 Member

I have 3 windows vm's on my Yosemite laptop. All ran fine until I installed the latest version. Now there is a distinct pause just after the initial Welcome splash screen appear but before the desktop is drawn. I just see a blank page which can last from 20-60 seconds. Then it suddenly starts running as normal and there are no more performance issues. The windows versions I have are Windows 7 64bit, Windows 7 32bit and Windows XP Pro. All exhibit the same problem.

My laptop is a MacBook Pro 15 Retina Display with 16Ram and 512GB SSD and in every other respect goes like a rocket.

I tried reinstalling Parallels Tools on one of the VM's but that made not difference. I'm out of ideas now.

Since the update I have created a new Centos 7 VM and that does not pause at all during startup which implies the problem is either Windows guest specific or related to upgrading with existing VM's rather than installing new ones.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Dave

David_Razorsek likes this.
  2. David_Razorsek

David_Razorsek Bit poster

You aren't the only one.

3. David_Razorsek

David_Razorsek Bit poster

I had this happen on the first few startups but it seems to have since went away. I had a large Windows update hit about the same time as I did the Parallels update and I'm wondering if it was just bad timing on my part.

4. RichardR1

RichardR1 Bit poster

Same issue with 2010 MacBook Pro running latest Yosemite. Also, after Parallels update Windows XP failed to recognize VGA card. After several attempts XP finally booted, but MS Office 2010 won"t boot. Tried reinstalling Office, but no go. I've been using Parallels since 2010 and yes, there have been minor glitches, but nothing like this mess.