Xorg crash

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by GuillaumeD, Mar 18, 2015.

1. GuillaumeD

GuillaumeD Bit poster

Hi,

I'm using Debian Wheezy on Parallels 10.
    When I try to start one of our application (OpenGL), the Xorg server crashes. I traced the code and it crashes when the GLX context is initialized.
    I have the same problem with PlayOnLinux.

I did some tests with previous Parallels tools additions, it works with 7.0.15107, but crashes with 8.0.18619.

Regards,

Guizmo

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Guizmo,
    Could you please give us more details about the issue. It would be great if you can provide us the steps to reproduce the issue (1,2,3...). Also, once you reproduce the issue, please provide us a problem report ID here: http://kb.parallels.com/9058

3. GuillaumeD

GuillaumeD Bit poster

Hello Ram,
    Thank you for your reply.

It's a little difficult to give you the steps, as I can only reproduce the issue with our own software when it initializes a GLX context. For info, the same program works fine on "normal" computers, and in Parallels with the tools from version 7.0.15107.

A solution, if you agree, would to send you sample source code that show the problem.

Regards,

Guizmo

4. GuillaumeD

GuillaumeD Bit poster

I did some test, and the problem is related to the graphic connection of the context using glxCreateContext (https://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man2/xhtml/glXCreateContext.xml).

When the connection is direct to the graphic system, all is working fine, therefore when it's through the X server, Xorg crashes and restarts.
    For our usage, direct connection is fine.

Therefore, let me know if you want me to send you a sample source code or create a problem report.

Regards,

Guizmo

5. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Guizmo,

We have sent you a private message, please check it and reply to the message.