Difficulty with select / copy with Parallels Access from my iPhone to my Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by douglerner, Nov 30, 2014.

1. douglerner

douglerner Member

While in the hospital waiting room earlier today I realized I needed to do something on my Mac at home, which I had left running. So I decided to try Parallels Access, which I previously set up.

The connection was amazingly fast from my iPhone 6 Plus, and I thought, "How cool is this?"

But I really couldn't get things to work well.

What I wanted to do was (1) Go into BBEdit and select a line of text, (2) copy it and (3) paste it into a form in FireFox.

The main problem was select and copy. I could not for the life of me select the whole line. The line extended past the end of the screen, and though I tried to drag, the view would not scroll to let me get to the end of the line. That was one problem.

I was able to select an individual word somehow, though I could not drag the range. But I was able to select an individual word. However the standard iOS "copy paste etc." did not appear like it said it would in the video. I was able to use BBEdit's Edit menu to copy and then Firefox's Edit menu to paste. But the native iOS copy/paste didn't seem to work.

So what was I doing wrong? How can I select / copy and paste easier? It doesn't seem to work like in the video.

This is the latest version of everything, purchased and installed just a few days ago.

Also, how are we supposed to disconnect from our computer? I went through all the menus and couldn't find anything, so when I was done I just force-quit Parallels Access from the multitask tray.

Thanks,

doug

2. Nikhil@Parallels

Nikhil@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Doug,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the article http://kb.parallels.com/en/116743 to know how to copy/paste using Parallels Access.
    You can click on the "Disconnect" button on top left hand corner of iPad to exit out of Parallels Access.
    Let us know if you have any questions.

3. douglerner

douglerner Member

Thanks for the reply (even though it took 7 weeks).
    I guess this must just be a feature which doesn't work well, because for selecting text that's exactly what I was trying to do on my iPhone 6 Plus. As mentioned in my post I am not able to drag to select a range as described in the article.
    I guess my further question is whether Parallels realizes this and will provide a fix. I haven't used Access again since that time because it just doesn't seem to work well.
    Thanks,
    doug

4. douglerner

douglerner Member

Also, I mentioned I was using an iPhone 6 Plus, not an iPad.
    Thanks,
    doug

5. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hi Doug,
    Please create a problem report id on your Mac and on your iPhone as in the KB article http://kb.parallels.com/116783 and please provide us the problem report id, we will check with it and will assist you.