Parallels needs to allow you to adjust the resolution for each monitor

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WorldIRC, Feb 10, 2015.

1. WorldIRC

WorldIRC Member

I've made the complaint before but I'll make it again.
    I use an external 1080P monitor at work along with my 15" rMBP. Parallels unfortunately lets you either have it set to scaling or to high DPI. Why can't parallels let me do both, run my rMBP at Retina resolution and run my external at 1080P scaled? We should be able to tell Parallels which monitor should run at which settings so that we can have optimal resolution within each monitor.

Basically, when I'm at work, I have to sacrifice clarify on my rMBP so that my external monitor works properly. If I optimize to the rMBP, then my external monitor is too small, blurry, slow frame rate.

2. WorldIRC

WorldIRC Member

Actually...to keep it more simple:
    When in OS X on my rMBP w/ an External 1080P monitor, the OS is smart enough to set the proper resolution for each monitor. It doesn't try to scale both as retina, it doesn't try to scale both as 1080P. Proper scaling / resolutions on both monitors. Why can't Parallels do this? Is it a limitation of VM? Is it a problem with Windows 8.1? It is very frustrating that I can't enjoy the full benefit of both monitors at the same time when using Parallels.

3. JCGIshman

JCGIshman Bit poster

Im with you on this. I just bought some sweet wide screen monitors for work for more landscape and P10 only wants me to make the resolution for itself LARGE. waste of space. frustrating.

4. CRAIG TAYLER

CRAIG TAYLER Junior Member

This functionality existed in Parallels 9, they killed it in 10 claiming it was because of new windows new high DPI. Tech support will not repsond so dont waste your time. The only time they reach out is upgrade time.