Network problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bertrand, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Bertrand

Bertrand Member

Hello,

I have been recently experiencing the following problem each time I launch a Windows session with Parallels:
    - every 1 minute, I get the following MacOS error message: "There was a problem connecting to the server "192.168.2.2", which corresponds to a network volume that I previously mapped on Windows.
    - in the Windows Explorer, it takes (in the best case) more than 20 minutes to display the "My Computer" section and everything gets very slowly to run. Most often, Windows Explorer just doesn't respond (crashes)
    - it take very much time to log-off and shutdown Windows.

The error message stops occuring when after Windows has shut down.

I don't know what to check (the network connections seem OK, I can get to the Internet, I can even open the mapped network drive when it appears (but it's very very slow)...

This problem suddenly occured after I updated to the last build of Parallels Desktop 10 (Version 10.1.4 (28883))

I work in bridge mode. there may be an error in my network settings.... But I can't figure what...

Any help is welcome.
    Many thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. ClayD

ClayD Bit poster

Reinstall parallels tools, run a checkdsk and svc /scannow command from command prompt

3. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hello Bertrand,
    We have the latest build of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac released, please refer the KB article kb.parallels.com/111603
    And please follow the steps as given below to resolve the issue :
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop.
    2. On the Mac side search for aliases ( Shortcuts ) created for network locations in the following directions:
    ~/Desktop
    ~/Documents
    ~/Pictures
    ~/Music
    ~/Movies
    ~/Downloads
    3. Once you find them, try to open them. If you get the same error, then remove it, because the alias is linked to no longer available network location.
    4. Empty the Trash.
    5. If nothing is found it, probably, is already in the Trash. In that case just empty the Trash.
    Then check with the issue.