Unable to hold left click down

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SamA1, Feb 24, 2015.

1. SamA1

SamA1 Bit poster

Hello all!

I've been running parallels for a few months now and my biggest complaint right now is that I can't left click and drag items consistently. For example, when trying to drag a window to a new location the window will just stop dragging halfway through. This also happens when selecting text, dragging and dropping icons, etc.

I do not use coherence mode and I have this problem whether using the built in trackpad or a microsoft mouse. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi SamA1,

That shouldn't happen.

Does this happen only with Parallels Virtual Machine or in Mac side as well.

If it is with Parallels only, please try the following steps :

- (Re)install Parallels Tools : http://kb.parallels.com/4841
    - Go to Virtual Machine Configure -> Hardware tab -> Mouse & Keyboard -> Change Smart Mouse to 'Auto-detect for games'.

And let us know how it goes!

3. SamA1

SamA1 Bit poster

Reinstalling parallels tools appears to have fixed the issue for me. I'll have to test it further over the next few days since it was only every happening sporadically, but if I don't post again that means I'm not having issues any longer ;)

4. Abdul@Parallels

Great! Feel free to reach us anytime, we are happy to help you!

5. SamA1

SamA1 Bit poster

Hmm, actually after working today I've noticed that it is still an issue. However, I think I've figured out exactly how to reproduce the bug. By the way, I do already have Smart Mouse set to 'Auto-detect for games'.

It looks like the issue happens when I give a different monitor focus. For example, if I left click the desktop background on monitor two then move my mouse to monitor one and try to drag a window the window will drop about .5 seconds after I clicked the left mouse button even though I have not released the mouse button yet. I can reproduce this 100% of the time.

I'm running the latest Macbook Pro 15" without discrete graphics, I'm using the default Mission Control behavior ("Displays have separate Spaces" is checked) and both OS X 10.10 and parallels 10 are up to date.

6. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Sam,

Please generate a Problem Report ID : http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the problem report ID, so we can check it for you.

7. SamA1

SamA1 Bit poster

Just submitted report ID 58501138, thanks Abdul!

8. Abdul@Parallels

Thank you Sam.

I checked your problem report ID and found that you are running previous build of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

Please download the latest build from : http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10 and install it.

Hopefully that should fix your issue.

9. SamA1

SamA1 Bit poster

Oh, my fault I thought I had just updated Parallels. Unfortunately I've just updated and the bug still exists.

10. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Sam,
    Click on Actions in the Mac menu bar > Configure... > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > set "SmartMouse" to Don't optimize for games
    Now try to re-produce the issue again and check how it works.
    If the issue still persists, please generate a new Problem Report ID and provide us the Problem Report ID number and we will check it for you.

11. SamA1

SamA1 Bit poster

Yup, the issue still exists, see problem report 58798190

12. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Sam,
    Please check your private message.

13. PaulT1

PaulT1 Junior Member