"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

2. KymM

KymM Bit poster

I am having the same problem and have submitted a ticket. I have been using Parallels since Version 4. Thinking about jumping ship too. Wow they have taken my money every year for 6 years for upgrades and I have to cop this.

3. KymM

KymM Bit poster

I don't get this option with Parallels 9 - why the misinformation?

4. Abdul@Parallels

Hi,

As per Parallels EULA : http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/ , one license key of Parallels Desktop should be used only in one Mac.
    Please send me a private message with your license key, so I can check it for you.

5. KymM

KymM Bit poster

Hi Abdul,
    The Parallels team reset my account early this morning (in Australia)
    I was able to put it on my new Mac so now all is working!
    Thanks for your help.

6. Abdul@Parallels

7. mikerus@me.com

mikerus@me.com Bit poster

Hello. I have the same problem: my iMac have something with video card and I have to send it to the service. I temporaly switching to the MacBook Air of my wife and I can't activate Parallels Desktop, I am got the same message: "Your product activation key reached its activation limit..."

8. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Mikhail,

We checked your records and found that your license keys were good to go. Hope your issue has been resolved through our technical Support.
    Please get back to us if you have any issues.

9. DavidF1

DavidF1 Bit poster

I am also having a problem activating Parallels 9 for Mac on a new computer. I deleted it off the old computer, but I get the "too many activations" alert when I try to activate it on the new Mac. I sent a support ticket in over 24 hours ago, but have not heard back.

It seems like it would be so much easier if there were a way to deactivate it on the old computer, so it would not increase the activation counter.

MarkB2 likes this.
  10. MarkB2

MarkB2 Bit poster

Just got a new mac yesterday and installed parallels after removing it from the old mac and am getting the same message as everyone else here that my activation has reached the limit. I have submitted a support request to technical support but haven't had a reply. The website says it is 24/7 support but it doesn't seem that way. How long does it take for someone to respond? Is there a way to activate my copy or do I have to buy a new licence?

giraffezw likes this.
  11. giraffezw

giraffezw Bit poster

I have the exact situation as "MarkB2". I am now waiting since Mar 12, 2015 for a answer from support

---
    I bought version 7,8,9 and 10 but I think I will change to virtualbox. I mean, I only need to use Parallels 2-3 times in a week. I own 4 Macs all just for private use and I would like to use them flexible. I am really unhappy with the situation that I have to pay each Year for a new Version + for each Mac.

12. MontriC

MontriC Bit poster

Hello
    I reinstall new OSX on my macbook. I able to activated Parallels Desktop 9 (Full) .Why l unable to activate Parallels Desktop 10 (upgrade) ? Please help me.
    Thank you.
    Montri

13. HugoS

HugoS Bit poster

Hello.
    I recently upgraded to Parallels 10 for Mac, and installed the upgrade on my 3 computers. However, I just upgraded my MacBook Air to Macbook Pro Retina, and tried to install Parallels 10 for Mac. But I received the message "Your product activation key reached its activation limit..."

How to deactivate the installation on my old MacBook Air before selling it, and free up the third activation key for the new MacBook Pro Retina?

Thanks!

14. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hello Hugo,
    As you have installed Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac upgrade on 3 different computers, it is not possible to install & (re)activate it on your Macbook Pro Retina.
    The Parallels End User License Agreement states that you may use one copy of the Software activated by a license key on a single instance owned and controlled by you.
    The Agreement is available at:
    http://www.parallels.com/about/eula/
    In order to use Parallels Desktop on different Mac's , please purchase another license of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

15. djlee

djlee Bit poster

Same problem here. I'v bought a new MacBook and want to transfer Parralles to it. The old mac will not be used with parrallels anymore. so I'v uninstalled Parallels from the old mac.
    The registration on the new mac fails because the activation limit is reached.
    How can I deactivate the registration key from old one and activate the key to the new one?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  16. HugoS

HugoS Bit poster

Hi, Ramya
    I sold my MacBook Air and uninstall Parallels 10.
    I installed Parallels 10 on my new MacBook Pro Retina and was active when i received the message "Your product activation key reached its activation threshold ..."
    How to deactivate the installation on my old MacBook Air and free up the third activation key for the new MacBook Pro Retina?
    The Parallels Desktop 10 is not being used in the Macbook Air.
    Thanks!
    Hugo

17. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hi Djlee,
    Please check your private messages.

18. ScottK1

ScottK1 Bit poster

This EULA should be changed for "personal use" since I use my iMac 90% of the time and I use my MacBook when I'm traveling. I do not see the justification to spend money on two licenses especially with annual upgrades. I'm seriously considering jumping ship to VMWare unless Parallels change their EULA to be more flexible for "personal use" as many software allow licenses up to 2 or 3 computers as most people have desktop and laptop computers at home. You can see that many folks are complaining about this here and that tells you something. I'm sure its not difficult for Parallels to implement this protocol to register 2 or 3 computers for 'unlimited activations' to prevent abuse and it'll save your support staff headaches from resetting activations for your customers.

Deactivation process is something most of your customers are NOT AWARE and won't bother doing it especially if Mac OS crashed and not bootable which it is in my case with my MacBook right now. Many software does not have this 'deactivation' process so we don't bother with it. There should be a license for "personal use" and "commercial use" and I strongly encourage Parallels to reconsider their EULA policy and frankly I'm not a happy customer with this rigid policy in place.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  19. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

I have just migrated to a new MacBook and I'm getting the activation error too. What now?

20. AaronM1

AaronM1 Bit poster

I went to deactivate Parallels 10 on my system and I got this message

Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated.

I need to migrate to a new system but it won't let me.