strange issues with 3 screens

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Alex_Samad, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

I have 3 windows attached to my W7 VM.

when i click to a different window than the current one. it looks like a back space is entered in the old window. also it looks like num lock is held down as well !

For example
    if I have cmd windows open on screen 1 with the work password entered on the screen and then click on IE on screen 2. then 2 backspaces are sent and the word password is reduced to passwo

Another example is if I have RDP session to another box open on screen 1 and then I click on another app on screen 2 say notepad and start typing I get a pop on the rdp session to say I have held down num lock ?

This only seems to be a problem when i run in full screen mode.

Also I am unable to drag a window from 1 screen to the other screen. seems like as I cross the boundary the mouse lets go and then re applies and then lets goes and re applies. the window then gets maximised (most time) in the new screen.

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hello Alex_Samad,
    Please try re-installing Parallels Tools and let us know how it works. You can also try installing Parallels Tools manually, refer to this article, http://kb.parallels.com/112609

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

I have done that, and it happens automatically on upgrade.

checked there seems to be a parrallels program running .

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Alex,
    Please try un-installing and re-installing Parallels Desktop and check how it works.
    Note: Un-installing and re-installing Parallels Desktop will not affect your Virtual Machine.
    Thanks,
    Dhruba

5. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

Hi

Yes I have tried this. and re installed the tools too

6. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

got this from support
    defaults write 'com.parallels.Parallels Desktop' 'HID Host Hook.LED Sync' -int 0

its fixed some of my problems now to get it so it doesn't drop windows as I drag them across screens

7. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member