Database generating Birthdates for those over 65 wrong after upgrade to 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MacUser2, Apr 23, 2015.

1. MacUser2

MacUser2 Bit poster

I have been running for a year a Mac Mini OS 10.8.5 with Parallels 9, Windows 7, and a database software for Medical Billing called Chiro8000. It has been running well. I upgraded to to Windows 8.1 and Parallels 10. (Yes, I know I should not have done two upgrades at once). Now the database is generating birthdates for those over 65 incorrectly. If they were born in 1943 it shows 2043 and will not change back. I contacted the database people; they ran the files on their PC with 8.1 and there were no errors, therefore no database corruption. I am now running it on a PC with Windows 7 and it is running fine. I contacted Parallels and they had me reinstall the database application on the Mac with no change, then they "uninstalling Parallels Tools and disabled the option Isolate Windows from Mac but still the issue persists". They sent me off to Microsoft and back to the Chiro8000 people as the source of the error. Microsoft was totally useless, their surmise was it was the Mac computer (even though it had been running correctly for a year with the older versions!). The Chiro8000 programmer's best guess was that the OS has rules for handling dates and that there must be some switch in the Parallels software that is not set correctly. I hope someone out there is smart enough to figure this out. I would love to go back to my MiniMac as I carried it between offices.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello MacUser2, Could you please provide us the support ticket number, so that we can check and let you know about it.

3. MacUser2

MacUser2 Bit poster

Thank you, the support person from parallels showed the "tools" had not been installed properly. Reinstalled and one it works! Yahoo! Thanks guys!

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello MacUser2, we are glad you could use our phone support, feel free to reach us any time, we are here to help you.

5. NEO MD INC

NEO MD INC Bit poster

NEO MD INC - One Of The Largest RCM Companies that Delivers Premium Level Of Medical Billing Services and offers free medical billing audit for all specializations.