Is there a way to connect to office VPN using parallels (windows) but surf on host Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Raghav, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Raghav

Raghav Bit poster

My office VPN called Juniper does not gets installed on Mac OS X. I am using Parallels to run guest Windows on my macbook pro with OS X Yosemite. I don't know what I am asking, and if it is even logical or not, but here is my question:

Is there a way that I can share my guest operating system's VPN connection with host operating system? What I mean is, that I connect to my office VPN using my guest Parallels Windows OS and that can be shared with my host macbook Mac OS X?

By doing this what I want to achieve is, that I want to just open Windows using Parallels and then connect to my VPN and then minimize it and come back to OS X and then surf all my internet websites on Safari or Chrome (on Mac and not W indows).

Is this possible? Could anybody guide me on how to do this if its possible?

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hello Raghav,
    Please try changing the Network setting from Shared Network to Bridge Mode and check how it works.
    Refer to this article for more information, http://kb.parallels.com/4948

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. Raghav

Raghav Bit poster

Thanks for your response Dhruba, but it didn't help me. I set up the bridged connection and then connected to my office's VPN using guest OS (windows). I was able to surf intranet websites inside windows but was not able to do it from Mac OS X.

Any other help would be much appreciated.

4. Padman

Padman Member

Hi Raghav,
    It is not possible to share the Windows VPN network with the host Mac OS X Virtual Machine.
    You can also refer to knowledge base article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5557

Thanks,
    Padman

5. Raghav

Raghav Bit poster

Thanks for the response Padman. The article is helpful in case of hardware device but difficult to setup with virtual private networks.