Windows 8.1 change from SATA to SCSI hard disk controller

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Nicholas_G, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

I have a Windows 8.1 VM that was initially running SCSI hard drive adapter, and I changed it to SATA without any issues. AFter a few weeks I started to notice the VM would "stutter" and wanted to revert back to SCSI. I changed the setting in the VM Hardware settings but upon boot the VM gets a BSOD. I changed it IDE and it boots now without any issues but I am perplexed how I can change it back to SCSI.

2. Padman

Padman Member

Hi Nicholas_G,
    We understand that you are not able to change the Hard Drive setting to SCSI, provide us the BSOD error message so that we would be able to provide you a solution.

Thanks,
    Padman

3. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

4. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hi Nicholas_G,
    Thank you for the information.
    Please generate a Problem Report Id using the Knowledge Base article http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and provide us the Problem Report Id so that we can help you further.

5. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

ANy update on this? Is there a guide about how to correctly change hard disk controller type

6. mmika

mmika Pro

Hi Nicholas_G, you didn't provide a Problem Report Id, Ramya asked for.
    You didn't specified a product version at least. Is it PD8,9 or 10? Is it old VM or created with the latest product you are using? This is a significant information since there are different SCSI adapters emulated, thus different set of guest drivers used. I'll try to help you, but I need a more information,
    Problem Report data is enough to start investigation.