'Flashing pink/purple screen' in Windows 7 VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ShiyangJ, Apr 27, 2015.

1. ShiyangJ

ShiyangJ Bit poster

Hi,
    I run 1x VM of Windows 7 Ultimate on my Macbook Pro (see detail specs below), but no matter which video/display setting I use in the Parallels Desktop configuration, for most screen resolutions under Windows, I often see a pink/purple screen flashing, especially when I am not touching the keyboard or mouth for like 10-30 seconds. Pressing anything on the keyboard might solve the problem sometimes but not always.

I do experience that on external displays connected to my thunderbolt/DP output

Macbook Pro Retina 13inch, Early 2015
    OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
    Parallels 10.2.0 (annual subscription)

thx

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Shiyangl,
    Install Parallels Tools manually as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/en/112609 and check if the issue still persisting. If the issue still persisting, Shut down Windows 7 > Vm Configuration > Hardware > Video > disable Direct X > Restar the VM and check if the issue still persisting.

3. ShiyangJ

ShiyangJ Bit poster

Thanks, Ram. I reinstalled Parallels Tools but the problem persists, so I turned off DirectX and it stops flashing.
    This is certainly not ideal since DirectX helps boost 3D smoothness/other performance on the Win VM - any other solutions to it? It's strange how the exact same setting (OSX Yosemite + Windows 7 Ultimate) worked perfectly on my MacBook Air 13" (Mid 2012 model) but not so on the most recent and powerful MacBook Pro (Early 2015) model? Will there be an update to PD/PT that can address this issue?