Parallels Constantly Prompts to Install OS X Guest

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FireClown, Apr 27, 2015.

1. FireClown

FireClown Member

It seems that every time I use Parallels, it throws up a prompt that says something along the lines of "Hey, look! You are running OS X. Do you want me to make that a VM?" No. No. No. I actually already have an OS X VM, but I never use it. I keep saying no to the prompt, yet it keeps prompting me to do it. How do I make this stop?

2. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hi Steven,
    Please follow the steps as given below to disable notification with Parallels :
    Click on Apple Logo --> System Preferences --> Notifications --> Parallels Desktop ( On the left pane ) --> Select None.

3. FireClown

FireClown Member

That sounds like it will disable all notifications, not just the repeated one. That's begging for the "bringing a gun to a knife fight" analogy, but okay.

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Steven,
    Yes it will disable all the notification form the Mac.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  5. BradleyP1

BradleyP1 Bit poster

Dhruba, How is this an acceptable response? Why does Parallels regularly annoy us with this alert? If all alerts should be disabled then why does Parallels have alerts??

6. GeraldV2

GeraldV2 Bit poster

I second that: suggesting to turn off all notifications is just a bad workaround.
    If that's all you can suggest than I must say it's poor design.
    Fix the notifications: don't repeatedly make the same notifications. And don't notify to install OSX if there is already a OSX VM around. Can't be so hard to get that right...