Problem launching Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PradeepF, Jul 26, 2011.

1. PradeepF

PradeepF Bit poster

Dear all,

I have Parallels Desktop 5 installed on my macbook pro with one virtual machine (Ubuntu guest os). Everything was working fine for more than 6 months. Recently, when launching Parallels Desktop, the software froze on the screen advertising Parallels Desktop 6 and I had to "force quit" the application as it was unresponsive. Since then, PD has lost my virtual machine from its list. When I try to open the virtual hdd from the ".pvm" package file, it warns me that the virtual hard disk belongs to a "suspended VM". But when I try to open it, it complains that the file may be empty or corrupt!!! I am posting this in the general questions section as PD seems to freeze often recently on the screen advertising the PD-6 upgrade. And, it seems to me that only after such a freeze am I having the problem with launching my VM...Has anyone seen such a problem before.

I'd greatly appreciate any comments, help.

Thanks
    -P.

2. charlesd1

charlesd1 Member

If your system having the Ubuntu so you need to search any thing in which you want to work, so just please search if that software is available so run and do the required work...