Recovering my Parallels program: "The specified bundle is invalid". Help!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JoelB1, May 4, 2015.

1. JoelB1

JoelB1 Bit poster

Hi, all. I'm hoping to find some help on this. Yesterday, I went to clean out my Desktop area on Windows 7 (I use Parallels, and use Mac OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.3). Well, I guess I got carried away, because I went to delete a folder on my Desktop that had Windows7 in its name, and it immediately shut down my Parallels program. When I went to reopen it, I got the message "The virtual machine's files have been moved or deleted. If the files are on an external device, reconnect the device. You can also remove the virtual machine from the list or manually locate its files." When it gave the option to click on "Locate," it came up with an empty folder named Parallels on my Documents. I searched the Trash on my Mac, and found the Windows .pvm file, restored it to my Mac Desktop, and when I try to open it, I get this message: "The specified bundle is invalid. The bundle does not contain a valid Parallels virtual machine." My questions are:
    1. How can I get back on to my Parallels program? I'm concerned that I've lost some valuable files.
    2. Is there a way to do a system restore to a point in time before I deleted that folder? And would this allow me to recover lost files?
    Thanks! :)

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support