Can't go full screen in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by aspen63, May 7, 2015.

1. aspen63

aspen63 Member

I use PD10 on iMac 5K and when using Windows 10 I can't switch to Full screen mode. Display goes black and I'm forced to return to window mode. Does anyone experience the same problem?

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. aspen63

aspen63 Member

Didn't help. I still have a black screen with giant mouse cursor.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Aspen63,
    Screen resolution in Parallels Desktop virtual machines is controlled by the Dynamic Resolution feature which is provided by Parallels Tools.
    When the virtual machine runs in Full Screen view mode, the Dynamic Resolution automatically adjusts guest OS screen resolution to match Mac native screen resolution.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the knowledge base article to fix the issue: http://kb.parallels.com/116141
    If the issue persists, please do contact us and we would be glad to assist you.

5. aspen63

aspen63 Member

Sorry, didn't work either. In the end of the process it became OK for moment (showed fullscreen) but then Windows collapsed again to black screen so I returned to the original state.

6. brockly

brockly Bit poster

Same problem. Windows boots and the desktop displays for up to 60 seconds and then the screen goes black and I'm left with only a cursor. If, as soon as the desktop is shown after logging in, I launch an application that application will stay visible, but the taskbar and desktop will soon go black. I'm running latest version of Parallels 10 (10.2.0 build 28956) and latest version of Windows 10 (build 10074)

UPDATE: Per this thread, turning off nested virtualization and PMU virtualization seems to have fixed it.

Last edited: May 11, 2015