help with Internet on parallel

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Poolbear2, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Poolbear2

Poolbear2 Bit poster

Ok so I got my Parallel desktop installed and it works but I can not for the life of me figure out how to set the parallel side up to the wireless internet I use. Can anyone advise me on what I'm missing? When I go to IE it says it can't connect but when I'm using regular mac I have a full signal. Thanks to anyone who can help me!
    Lindsey

2. Wally_Mac

Wally_Mac Member

Internet / Network on Parallel

I'm not sure if this will prove helpful, but it seemed to help me...

When setting up (or editing the Parallels network configuration, I found that the default "shared" networking gave me some problems. I switched to "bridged" mode and then found that all of my networking, sharing and internet applications worked perfectly.

Which mode are you using for your Parallels networking?

3. Poolbear2

Poolbear2 Bit poster

How do I figure out which mode I'm in? What is a bridged mode? I'm so not a Windows person (mac baby!) but I have to get it running for my job.
    Lindsey

>>When setting up (or editing the Parallels network configuration, I found that the default "shared" networking gave me some problems. I switched to "bridged" mode and then found that all of my networking, sharing and internet applications worked perfectly.

4. Wally_Mac

Wally_Mac Member

When you first start Parallels, but before you start your "Windows" virtual machine....
    You can edit your virtual machine; one of those setting is the "Network".
    This will tell you what/how your "Parallels/Windows" network is set.

5. Poolbear2

Poolbear2 Bit poster

I got it!! Thank you! Running briged now!

6. Wally_Mac

Wally_Mac Member

And is the "Bridged" mode working (better) for you?