Feature suggestion: Cmd+Tab twice should return to last used app

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Joshka, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Joshka

Joshka Junior Member

Something that takes me out of the mindset that a Windows app is just another app is the behavior of the Cmd+Tab keyboard combination. This happens on a regular basis.

In any OSX app, if I hit Cmd+Tab to check something in another app, then hit Cmd+Tab again, I end up back in the first app.
    Under Parallels, if I'm in a Windows app, and follow the same process, I instead see the VM list window. Note, I'm generally using Full screen mode for my Windows guests, not Coherence / Modality.

It would be nice if parallels maintained the MRU list of apps in the Cmd+Tab behaviour including Windows apps. Perhaps this is not possible given OSX restrictions, but in the current form it's a small regular paper cut irritation.

2. Joshka

Joshka Junior Member

*bump*

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Dear Joshuka,
    We reproduced the issue on our Labs and it seems to be working fine.
    Please follow the steps as given :
    1. Re-install Parallels Tools as suggested at : http://kb.parallels.com/4841
    2. Go to Parallels Desktop menu bar -> Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Shortcuts -> System Shortcuts and set "Send system shortcuts" to "On Condition".
    3. Restart the Virtual Machine and change the View mode to Full Screen and check how it works.

4. Joshka

Joshka Junior Member

Issue fixed - Thanks :)

5. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, Joshka.
    Feel free to reach us anytime for assistance, we are here to help you.