Windows 10 "blank desktop"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by UgoL, May 11, 2015.

1. UgoL

UgoL Bit poster

Hi,
    I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 but it seems something goes wrong with parallels.
    Installation ok, tool ok but after few seconds after login everything goes blank as the image below.

Any hint?

Attached Files:

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello ugol, please follow the steps suggested below:
    1. Open your virtual machine configuration .
    2. Go to Hardware > Video.
    3. Switch the "3D acceleration" option to "DirectX9" Start the Virtual machine and check if the issue still persisting.

3. UgoL

UgoL Bit poster

I tried but the problem is still here

4. GraemeC1

GraemeC1 Bit poster

5. UgoL

UgoL Bit poster

Hi @GraemeC1
    I tried that solution but the problem still here. It seems I've more time to use it before have blank desktop (with "Nested Virtualization" enabled was 1 minute, now almost 10)

6. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

7. Hi @UgoL, Is the issue still there?
    If so, please try the following steps:

1. Press alt+ctr+delete (or click Devices -> Keyboard -> Ctrl+ alt + Delete )
    2. Then please choose "Task Manager"
    3. In the Task Manager window please click the Processes tab, click explorer.exe, and then click End Process.
    4. After the previous steps please click File, and then click New Task (Run).
    5. In the Open text box, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    Please check the issue and provide us with the results.

8. CccA

CccA Junior Member

Maria,
    In my case since I disabled nested Virtualisation and set DirectX9 I've only had it occur twice in a week. Once after OSX sleep and once when left powered and idle.

However for your info, before that change, re-starting Explorer in task manager would require two repeated attempts and then the desktop and taskbar would re-appear. Parts of the taskbar would work, but the start menu would not open or any other 'modern' part of it like 'settings'. Settings would hang if already open. I can't be sure I always killed explorer first but am sure I tried that at least once. I am willing to do some tests if you require more info.

Last edited: May 20, 2015