Windows Apps not opening, when tapped on in the Dock

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ClickLady, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ClickLady

ClickLady Junior Member

This is an inconsistent problem that started at least a week or so ago, but it's now happening about 75% of the time. Here's an example:
    • I have my Windows apps showing in the Dock
    • I am in FireFox and want to check email
    • I tap the Outlook icon. Nothing happens.
    • With the two-finger tap, I can bring up a list of what's already open in Outlook and tap on one of those items to get it to open
    • I want to return to Firefox. I tap on that icon. Nothing happens.
    • And so on, all day long.
    Any suggestions for me?

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,

Please try disabling Windows applications from Dock and enable it again. http://kb.parallels.com/6861
    And let us know if the issue is resolved.

3. ClickLady

ClickLady Junior Member

Thank you very much, Abdul.

This fix worked flawlessly for a week. The problem began again today, so I used the fix again. Again it worked.

4. Tonid1

Tonid1 Bit poster

Hello!
    I have the same isssue, but this solution doesn' work. I have a Macbook Pro 15'' retina with OS X 10.10.3, parallels 10 (last update) and A Windows Pro 8.1 VM. Since some weeks ago, the shared windows apps in the dock worked perfectly. Then, they stopped to work. Now when I select a windows app icon in the dock, nothing happens, I have uninstalled parallels, switched off and on the shared applications options, using mac cleaner 3.0 to unistall again, recovered a copy of my VM from a backup... But nothing works.

I would be pleased if you could give me some advice.

Kinds Regards.
    Toni

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Tonid1,
    Please submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number, so that we check it for you.

6. Tonid1

Tonid1 Bit poster

Hello!
    I have opened the ticket [Parallels #2114325] Windows App icons in Dock not working

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  7. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Tonid1,
    I have gone through the ticket, please follow the steps suggested in the ticket and if the issue persist, you can schedule a remote session, so that one of our support Engineer can call you at your preferred time.