Black screen issue since Version 10.2.1 (29006)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RalfK1, May 28, 2015.

1. RalfK1

RalfK1 Bit poster

After updating to Parallels 10.2.1 my screen is going complete black for 1 to 3 seconds when clicking on specific areas (Embarcadero TPaintBox).
    Delphi 2010 stops working randomly.

This kind of issue never happened in all earlier versions (i use parallels and this VM since years ...)

Any ideas?

2. RalfK1

RalfK1 Bit poster

i've increased the graphic memory from 256 MB to 512 MB
    The black screen issue is gone. I hope this was the reason for the random stops of Delphi, too.
    I don't know, why 10.2.1 seems to need more graphic memory - but 512 MB is OK for me

3. JerrellP

JerrellP Bit poster

I have the same issue since update, exiting full screen then entering it again seems to fix it. My clipboard manager also crashes in OSX freezing the VM. Then i have to wait for Parallels to stop showing as not responding and exit full screen then re-enter full screen mode to resolve. I orignal though the issue was the clipboard manager as it hadn't been updated since 2011, installed a different clipboard manager same crash. Only happened since 10.2.1 update. I need to roll back to previous version any ideas?

I am running on
    OSX 10.10.3
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)

Guest OS is Windows 8.1 x86 with all latest updates

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

5. JerrellP

JerrellP Bit poster

Hi Ram
    I have reinstalled Parallels tools and still have the freezing issue and the black screen issue. When i try to copy text in guest OS using right click context menu, I get the spinning beach ball. If i navigate back to my OSX desktop and run activity monitor i see Parallels desktop and my clipboard manager listed as not responding. After some time the not responding message goes away but i am left with either a black screen in guest OS or a frozen screen. If i switch from full screen to window and back to fullscreen it starts working.

This seems to happen on and off, as in i was able to repeat this twice in a row then no problems for an hour then the same problem again when trying to copy text.

Any ideas of the cause? This only started happening after an update to 10.2.1 and an increase in RAM on the guest OS from 1GB to 3GB.

6. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support