Cannot reinstall Parallel Tools after upgrade to version 10.2.1 build 29006

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by chuckboucher, May 28, 2015.

1. chuckboucher

chuckboucher Junior Member

I ran the automatic upgrade to version 10.2.1 build 29006. The Parallels Tools installed automatically, as it has in Parallels Desktop version 10. However, once completed, none of the sharing works between the guest OS, which is Windows 8.1 and my base OS, which is OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

Copy, cut, and paste to not work either way and my OS X user home directories are not mounted on the guest Windows OS.

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

2. chuckboucher

I also took a look at http://kb.parallels.com/en/8969 and Parallels Tools does not show up in the listing of installed programs in Control Panel > Programs and Features, so it cannot be uninstalled.

3. chuckboucher

I also mounted the ISO image to the CD/DVD drive and tried a manual installation, which fails and I cannot get an error code. All I get is a link to troubleshooting and the option to reboot

Attached Files:

4. chuckboucher

OK, I managed to get it installed byusing the Autorun.exe binary, instead of the PTAgent.exe binary. I still wasn't able to see the home directories, but Parallels Tools did show up as an installed Program. So, uninstalling and installing it worked.

5. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hello Chuckboucher,
    Thank you for the update and we are glad that you were able to install Parallels Tools.