Folder paths in Parallels 10?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HaleK, May 29, 2015.

1. HaleK

HaleK Bit poster

Hi,
    I am using Parallels 10 to run a Windows-based program on my new MacbookPro (under Windows 7). This program writes user data to specific folders defined in a text file (C:\......). If the folders do not exist yet, they are created by the program. I never had any issues with this on any on my Windows PC's but now under Parallels it does not work anymore. The folders are not getting created, I get an error message and the program does not launch.

I manually created the folder at the supposed location but they are not recognized by the program. I set all the administrative rights for this program to max and checked the firewall for this program to no avail. My impression is that the folder paths under Parallels might have a slightly different notation?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. HaleK

HaleK Bit poster

Hi,

I have Parallels tools installed (and re-installed it manually yesterday as I suspected it to be part of the problem). I only just now isolated the virtual machine from Mac following the instructions and re-started the virtual machine. However, the problem persists.

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Halek, It would be great if you can provide us the steps to reproduce the issue (1,2,3...), so that we can help you better.