Printing problems under PD8 with Win7 in MBP13

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VicenteM, Oct 30, 2012.

1. VicenteM

VicenteM Bit poster

I have a Macbook Pro with retina 13" running Parallels Desktop 8. When I print something under windows 7 using IE8 or IE9, the right and bottom sides of the printed page are cut off. This happens even on the XPS printer. I did not see this issue when running on a Macbook Air. The bottom will be cut off 4 centimeters. Has anyone seen this issue? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

Vicente

PS My settings are the default windows. I installed a clean copy of Windows 7 to try to get rid of this problem.

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

did you try to adjust print page before printing? can you get rid of this issue manually configuring individual pint?

3. VicenteM

VicenteM Bit poster

I did everything I could think of. I adjusted the margins in the Page Setup for IE. I also tried changing printer settings but nothing I did seemed to help the issue. I reset things back before trying a different test.

4. VicenteM

VicenteM Bit poster

Problem only happens in PD8 not in bootcamp

One thing I forgot to add is that this problem only happens when running PD8 from the bootcamp partition. If I reboot the machine into Windows the problem does not happen.

Thanks

5. VicenteM

VicenteM Bit poster

Workaround found

This problem happens when the resolution is set to "Best for Retina". Setting it to "More Space" fixes the problem. The easiest way to see this is to print something from IE and you wont see the footer in the printed page.

6. YanaYana

YanaYana

would you please reproduce it and send the problem report from Help --> Report a problem and pose the report ID here. We need to fix it

7. rwmaxwell

rwmaxwell Bit poster

I have a 15" Retina MacBook Pro (MacBookPro10,1). Since installing Parallels Desktop 8 (Build 8.0.18608, and previous v8 builds), I have had trouble PDF printing (via Bullzip PDF Printer 9.10.0.1629, and previous releases) from Internet Explorer 8 (8.0.7601.17514, 64-bit) in Windows 7 (Professional, SP1).

I've even tried adjusting the display preferences to "More Space" from "Best for Retina" (as "VicenteM" suggested) with no luck.

I, too, am experiencing content cut off on the right and bottom sides.

I rolled back to Parallels Desktop 7 due to this issue and experienced no "cut off". So, I have been on v7 for about a year. I, recently, decided to install v8 to see if the issue had gone away. It has not.

I don't want to invest another 2+ hours going over the issue via remote desktop sharing with Parallels support (something I did last October, when I first encountered this issue).

Any fixes? Any ideas? Help!

Thanks, everyone.

8. andyyee

andyyee Bit poster

I also have the same problem. This occurs in both Parallels Desktop version 7 and 8. When I try printing something out using IE9 with Bullzip PDF printer on Windows 7, the margins on the right are cut off. I can print out the same document on my Thinkpad with the same set up, and the margins are fine.

9. r_tommy

r_tommy Bit poster

Hello,

I also have this problem. I have PD10. Firefox and Chrome work fine, can print to pdf without any issue (Adobe PDF or PDF Creator), the problem is only with IE9 where it cuts off the right and the bottom side quite significantly even if I set the margins to zero.

Any idea?

10. Hi @r_tommy, as I know you have already asked Parallels Support about this issue.
    We will continue investigation with our colleagues.

11. saharmohamedali

saharmohamedali Bit poster

would you please reproduce it and send the problem report from Help --> Report a problem and pose the report ID here. We need to fix it