PD10- mouse scrolling issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AlexK1, May 26, 2015.

1. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

I am having issues with mouse scrolling under Coherence view - not limited to specific app - same issues in Explorer or Word/Excel. When I switch off coherence, scrolling works fine. I re-intsalled Parallels Tools, but did not help.
    Please help.
    I am running PD10 (latest version) with Windows XP and Yosemite

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Hi @AlexK1, as a probable solution please try to uncheck the "smooth scrolling" in the Virtual machine configuration
    (Configuration -> Hardware -> Mouse & Keyboard -> "Enable smooth scrolling")

3. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

Hi Maria
    Thanks for reply. When I go to Hardware/Mouse - I don't have an option 'Enable smooth scrolling'
    View attachment 9884

Attached Files:

4. Ok, @AlexK1, please try to use the "don't optimize for games" option for the Smart Mouse.

5. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

6. Glad to know, @AlexK1 !
    Please let me know if the issue reoccurs

7. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels,
    it worked fine for about a week and the issue has re-appeared again today. Scrolling works fine in MacOS but in windows apps under PD10 does not work.
    I did not change any settings after setting them as you suggested.
    Please advise

8. @AlexK1 which app are you using in Windows?

9. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels
    MS excel 2007 or IE: scrolling works fine when exiting coherence, but does not in coherence.

10. Ok, @AlexK1, please try to disable "vertical synchronization" (VM Configuration -> Hardware -> Video)

11. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels, this option is greyed out for me so that I cannot change it in either coherence or exiting it

12. @AlexK1, could you try to shut you VM down and then perform the same steps please?

13. AlexK1

AlexK1 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels, I tried to re-boot and shut down VM, but the option in Hardware/Video is greyed out

14. @AlexK1 sorry for the delay.
    Could you provide me with the screenshot of VM configuration -> Hardware -> Video please ?