Can't Reserve Win10 - Parallels Display Driver Critical Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MichaelS4, Jun 3, 2015.

1. kamahaffey1

kamahaffey1 Bit poster

Further Update. I checked today and it's not reserved on the 2011 mac mini and it has the same message now that I had on the 2009 iMac stating that "Windows 10 will not run on this PC ... Here's Why Windows 10 can't be installed: Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) (You'll experience problems with your display)."

Just an update as Parallels is hopefully working on a solution.

2. Brunetto_Ferrarese

Brunetto_Ferrarese Bit poster

Good morning,
    simply to say that I have the same problem wit Windows 7 sp1.
    Hope developer's team solve this issue before 29 july :)
    Thanks in advance,
    B.

3. Guys, could you provide me with the problem reports please?
    Also please create a Problem Report for the virtual machine as described here
    I'll provide our Development with your reports also.

4. AndrewF2

AndrewF2 Bit poster

Problem Report sent to Parallels and Problem Report ID submitted separately by starting a conversation with Maria@Parallels.
    Fingers crossed a solution is soon found.

5. Brunetto_Ferrarese

Brunetto_Ferrarese Bit poster

I'll sent a report too
    ID 66667050
    Hope solution soon,
    B.

6. CregganG

CregganG Bit poster

I just encountered the same problem too and sent a problem report. Report ID 66724517

7. hydseek

hydseek Member

Exact same problem here. Submitted a report and screen shot. How long for a solution?

8. JKeefe

JKeefe Bit poster

Exact same problem, report ID 66785879. I'm hoping the fix will also correct the issue with the mouse when using PowerPoint and an external monitor via the HDMI port!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  9. LizbethW

LizbethW Bit poster

Same problem, on 2 different iMacs.

10. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Same issue. Mid 2011 iMac, 12GB Ram, Yosemite (latest build) Parallels 10 (latest build and version of Tools)
    Report ID 66818997

11. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi All,
    As of now we do not have any update for this issue, please refer http://kb.parallels.com/123053
    This issue in under investigation, stay tuned our developers are looking in to this.

12. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I am glad that your developers are looking into this issue. Funny thing is that I ran about 4 or 5 versions of the Windows 10 Technical Preview without any issues under Parallels 10.

13. ChristopherR1

ChristopherR1 Bit poster

I found a workaround:
    Just right-click on the Windows (Reservation) Logo on the right side of the taskbar and click on the "Reserve your Windows 10" option. It might be called slightly different. I am not using an english version here. But then you'll get the screen where you can enter your email and submit it to microsoft.

14. JKeefe

JKeefe Bit poster

I wish that the workaround was functional for me. I just see "Get to know Windows 10", "Go to Windows Update", and "Get Windows 10" when I right-click on the logo. I think we are left to wait on Parallels to correct this issue with their video driver.

15. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I was able - through the normal clicking on the icon - to give MS my email for notification. But I still get the message that the Parallel video driver is not compatible. So while you and me might have our emails registered, I don't think that that actually solves the issue.

16. ArjanL

ArjanL Bit poster

report id 67595241

work arounds did not work

17. Hi @ArjanL , thanks for your report.
    I've forwarded it to our Development Team and also I'll inform you once we receive any updates.
    Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

18. ArjanL

ArjanL Bit poster

just to give all the info, I was able to subscribe to the windows 10 program, via the work around. But I would anyway think it would be nice to have this fixed

19. cadomagenge

cadomagenge Bit poster

nice information, i like it.

20. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

The problem I have is that on two Windows8.1 VMs, I do not get any
    "Windows 10 Update App" icon on either installation.

I have all available updates (including optionals) installed in Windows
    as of today (7/4/2015). I am running the most recent Parallels build available
    with Paralllels Tools installed.

So, I don't even get the chance to be told that Windows 10 won't work
    (even though I have a preview version working just fine in a VM).

FWIW:
    Machine 1 : Early 2011, 2.7 GHz, 13" Macbook Pro with 8GB memory, 256 GB SSD, Intel HD3000 graphics
    Machine 2 : Late 2013, 3.2GHz, 27" iMac with 32 GB memory installed, NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
    Both machines now running OS X 10.10.4 (issue was there with 10.10.3 as well).

Perhaps with Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan around the corner (supposedly with significant
    graphics interface improvements) the Parallels team is a bit overloaded.

Or perhaps, Microsoft either:
    a) Doesn't want Windows 10 on VMs
    or
    b) Really wants to force people using VMs to purchase Windows 10.