OK, the big question (El Capitan)...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JNuzzi, Jun 8, 2015.

1. JamesT1

JamesT1 Bit poster

Did not work for me... :(

2. JamesT1

JamesT1 Bit poster

How to launch from Terminal?

3. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

Thanks for the solution. It works! However what IS the command to re-enable after Parallels makes updates?

4. JamesT1

JamesT1 Bit poster

I just ended up installing on an external drive and works. Nothing else would. Funny how simple it is - just use a ext. drive. My MBP has a Samsung SSD so that may have been the problem too...?

5. pixbroker

pixbroker Junior Member

Anyone made any progress on the USB availability? unfortunately this thread combines both, boot cam and hosted subjects. maybe a moderator can separate the 2. i am only interested in hosted USB not working in 10.11

6. JNuzzi

JNuzzi Bit poster

No, I also have the USB issue, but did not realize it right away. Yeah, that is a tough one, but I am sure the folks at Parallels will be on it soon. They get it done.

NUZZI

7. JustMark

JustMark Bit poster

Great news!

I just installed Beta 2 of El Capitan, and my USB devices are now working with Parallels again...

Mark

AdamTM likes this.
  8. AdamTM

AdamTM Bit poster

Great news! Downloading now then.

9. GarthS

GarthS Junior Member

El Capitan Beta 2 is unfortunately not working for me. USB devices work OK in OS X, and they show up in Parallels' Devices menu, but selecting a device to assign it to the VM does not work. Parallels does not show a check mark next to the device in the Devices menu, and the VM never sees it.

I tried both with and without the "nvram boot-args" fix, but it doesn't seem to make any difference for this particular problem.

I'm working with an existing Windows 7 VM that I ran just fine under Parallels 10 in Yosemite.

EDIT: Nevermind! I was actually on beta 1 - evidently you can't go directly to beta 2 without passing through beta 1. After installing the beta 2 update, things work correctly.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  10. Brilliant news!!
    Glad to hear USBs now work with Beta 2!

11. Timmy1

Timmy1 Junior Member

man, should i wait till maybe the beta fixes this bootcamp issue, or should i just reformat my mac?

12. I thought there was already a fix for that posted?

13. Timmy1

Timmy1 Junior Member

where?

14. Timmy1

Timmy1 Junior Member

parallels can't recognize my boot camp but el capitan can, anyone resolved this issue?

15. Timmy1

Timmy1 Junior Member

its a bit different situation for me

i made this bootcamp partition when i was still on yosemite, after the upgrade it can't recognize my bootcamp

16. Timmy1

Timmy1 Junior Member

oh wow it was resolved thanks so much!

17. Good to hear bud

18. kenham40

kenham40 Bit poster

I'm with you here. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how to install Parallels Tools from within Terminal; currently, when I'm in the directory Volumes\Parallels Tools\ in Terminal, I can see the file list (which is Install.app, Uninstall.app, and background.png), however from within the Mac OS X GUI itself (using Finder), the Parallels Tools disc presents itself as being empty (the folder shows nothing).

Any help here would be awesome! :) Thanks in advance (if someone can help us)!

19. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Before installing execute the command

sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0"

then reboot VM, connect Parallels Tools image, and install Parallels Tools:

cd /Volumes/Parallels\ Tools
    sudo open Install.app

20. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

So, I'm just a little confused, is there a way to get Parallels 10.2.1 to recognize a prior existing Windows 7 Pro Boot Camp partition?