Parallels 10 Upgrade to 11?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by schalliol, Jun 23, 2015.

1. schalliol

schalliol Member

I got a note offering a reduced price upgrade to Parallels 10, which was released last summer. Parallels is 8 years old as I understand it, so I suppose that means a new version on average less than once a year - meaning a version 11 seems imminent.

Windows 10 comes out next month, and I can only assume they'll want to make adjustments they will do just with v11. Further, El Capitan will see its public beta in July. If I bite the bullet and upgrade to v10 now, will I get a free upgrade to 11? I'd hate to buy now only to have a new $50 upgrade in a month. Thanks!

2. JeffD3

JeffD3 Bit poster

Best Answer
  3. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi schalliol,
    As of now we do not have any official date or information for the release of Parallels Desktop 11.
    Regarding your concern about purchasing Parallels Desktop 10 and then upgrading again within a month for $49.99, we can only say that you can upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 anytime you wish to and just in case if an upgrade is available within some considerably close time of your purchase then you will be applicable for a free upgrade.

4. schalliol

schalliol Member

Gotcha. Everyone will just wait until an announcement is made

5. SEXPOX

SEXPOX Bit poster

It is not updating itself?

6. schalliol

schalliol Member

Not sure I understand what you're saying here, SEXPOX

7. @SEXPOX if you would like to update Parallels Desktop to the newest version you need to download it from official Parallels website or you may use this KB

8. schalliol

schalliol Member

Maria, the point here is in timing for upgrade purchasing. If there's only 30 days maintenance, it is unreasonable for anyone to buy Parallels right now.

9. @schalliol, sorry for misunderstanding, but I thought that @SEXPOX asked about Parallels Desktop auto-update.
    Also all Parallels Desktop products come with free phone and chat support for 30 days after registration. Email support is available for up to 2 years from the product release date.

10. schalliol

schalliol Member

No worries. The issue this thread is meant to address is the timing to receive updates to the next version. I'd like to upgrade, but as I fully expect v11 coming out in the next 3 months, and I wouldn't want to double my payment.

11. DavidH3

DavidH3 Bit poster

Thanks for your comment here. Can you please clarify how long is "some considerably close time?"

12. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi David, that is something which is decided only after the launch of the next version.. Unfortunately we don't have an official date for it even now.

13. JeffreyJ3

JeffreyJ3 Bit poster

I would love to get a solid answer on this myself. I am researching both Parallels and VMWare Fusion as options for home use and am torn on which to get. I know that VMWare has a plan now offering a free upgrade to their new version when it comes out. I would hope Parallels would have that as well, but I don't know if I want to take a chance at purchasing it now and then having to pay an upgrade fee after only have the product for a month or two.

14. Laucian Nailor

Laucian Nailor Bit poster

Interestingly, I had a pop-up today which clearly stated 'Upgrade to Parallels 10 today and get a free upgrade when the next version is released', so I've come to the web site to look at this in more detail (I have version 9) and couldn't find any reference to this??

15. RickP1

RickP1 Bit poster

I got the same notification on August 6th. I find it ridiculous that we can't get any information or confirmation of this by anyone. How can Parallels offer a deal and then magically disavow itself of all knowledge.

Fortunately, I took a screenshot just for this situation before I bought the upgrade to v10 (below). If you try to get another $50 out of me to upgrade to v11, I promise not only will I not upgrade to v11, you'll never see another red cent of my money.

Attached Files:

16. JeffD3

JeffD3 Bit poster

Best Answer
  17. CarlosA1

CarlosA1 Bit poster

I have the parallels 10 and i used it since version 6, now i have some doubts to get the new version.
    My doubts are:
    1 - If I got the new version Pro Edition, I could downgrade next year if the Pro Edition is too much to me, using the reduced price like today upgrade?
    2 - The pro edition is something like annual plan, right? So every year we'll get a new version, with new features and the prices will be the same or lower than upgrade price ?