Updating PMA Unique Identifier

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by ZacharyC1, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ZacharyC1

ZacharyC1 Bit poster

Hey, so I'm coming across an issue where I have more than one mac in the environment with PMA installed with the same Unique Identifier, which means it's fights for communication with SCCM. This is because of how we build out macs (imaging via disk util with a .dmg image). Is there a way to force the computer to adjust whatever the PMA's Unique Identifier is pulling from or manually change it? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. TimofeyF

TimofeyF Parallels Team

Hi ZacharyC1,
    Can you describe the imaging process a bit?
    Do you use the clean Mac to prepare the image, or it is already enrolled to SCCM with the Parallels Mac Client installed?

3. ZacharyC1

ZacharyC1 Bit poster

Hiya TimofeyF,
    I think that MAY be the problem. The image I'm using has PMA already enrolled, I'll try removing it from the image and then installing it after the computer is customized.

4. TimofeyF

TimofeyF Parallels Team

By the way, in the upcoming release v4.0 you will be able to use OSD Task Sequences for Macs, so enrollment to SCCM will be done automatically after the OS X deployment.

5. ZacharyC1

ZacharyC1 Bit poster

Music to my ears. We're currently not deploying via the network but plan to give it a shot when 4.0 releases.